Work Placement Officer
Harlow College Group
Work Placement Officer
Starting Salary £23,546 per annum (FTE)
Located in Harlow
Full time and part time hours available
About the team
The Work Placement Team is responsible for building industry and employer contacts, securing beneficial and safe work placements for our learners and helping them get the most out of industry placements. The team works collaboratively with learners, employers and our teaching staff to ensure the best possible experience and outcomes for all. All staff receive initial and ongoing training for the role.
About the role
The successful Work Placement Officer will work throughout all parts of the learner journey, liaising with both staff and students including:
- Supporting college staff to develop students’ work readiness.
- Sourcing work experience and industry placements for students.
- Developing new employer and industry contacts while maintaining effective and beneficial relations with our existing employer network.
- Explaining to employers the benefits of offering work and industry placements to Harlow College learners
- Maintaining accurate records via a work placement software platform.
What we are looking for
- A proven track record of successfully engaging and developing relationships with employers, clients or customers.
- Experience of working in a customer service or client centred environment with excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a willingness to engage new contacts.
- Experience of using technology, a willingness to understand and use new technology platforms, be accurate and timely and above all help to ensure the safety of our learners while on placement.
- An ability to problem-solve, be flexible in dealing with work priorities and be used to working to deadlines to meet targets.
- Safeguarding Level 2 qualification or willingness to work towards it.
What we can offer
The efficient and professional WPO team work collaboratively to support each other and their colleagues. The successful candidate can expect the College to fund any training required for the role, investment in their professional development, opportunities to further their career as well as an excellent benefits package including 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Pro-Rata.
If you would like to pop in or have an informal discussion to find out more, please contact Gary Salisbury on 01279 868 212 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5th March 2023
This vacancy may close early dependant on the volume of applications received, we therefore encourage you to apply ASAP.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.