Veterinary Staffing Specialist (Remote)
American Veterinary Group
Do you find yourself planning your own schedule, as well as that of all of your friends and family? Do you enjoy the thrill of juggling multiple projects at one time? Do you have a knack for people and remember the little details about your conversations?
If any of the above sounds like you, then you could be a great fit for our Relief Staffing Specialist role! The Relief Staffing Specialist is tasked with building a pipeline of relief veterinarian talent (including phone screening and sending offers to veterinarians) and completing the monthly veterinarian schedule for our rapidly-growing division of UrgentVet hospitals. This position requires strong project management skills and a sense of urgency for quickly-approaching deadlines.
Since this is a unique role, a variety of backgrounds would complement this position. Prior experience in recruiting/staffing, veterinary practice management, and scheduling, would lend themselves well to the role. Due to the nature of this role, this position requires a high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and a strong command of the English language.
This is a fully remote position reporting to the Vice President of Talent Relations. This position can be based out of any major city in Georgia. Therefore, time management skills and the ability to communicate effectively across departments in a remote setting is paramount.
- Identify relief veterinarian talent by sourcing resume databases, directories, practice websites, social media profiles, and testing extensive name generation techniques.
- Generate a pipeline of interested relief veterinarians via targeted email campaigns to both passive candidates and prior applicants.
- Conduct phone screens with prospective candidates to understand rate, travel radius, and scheduling availability.
- Schedule relief veterinarians on our scheduling platform and send weekly newsletters with shift availability to local market.
- Attend local veterinary conferences to discuss relief opportunities with both American Veterinary Group and UrgentVet.
- Contribute to the maintenance, accuracy, and growth of the candidate database/CRM (Lever).
- Provide market intelligence on relief trends and research with Recruiting Team.
- Work with our Recruiting Team to continuously evolve our capabilities and identify opportunities to improve workflow efficiency, quality of work, and lead conversion rate.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in recruiting, scheduling, or practice management role.
- Prior experience sourcing healthcare professionals (physicians, nurses) preferred. Veterinary experience is a plus!
- Prior experience using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Experience with Lever a plus!
- Experience maintaining a high volume of sensitive information and building scalable structure around data.
- Experience working independently with little direction; able to work in ambiguous environments and comfortable with the unknown.
- Strong communication skills (especially written) with a focus on proper grammar and spelling.
- Ability to think ‘outside of the box’ and create staffing plans for hospitals in region.
- Ability to handle rejection in a highly competitive labor market.
- Ability to pivot focus and priorities based upon the ever-changing needs of our veterinary practices.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis (up to 25%).
- Comprehensive healthcare: health, dental, & vision insurance
- Paid time off
- 401k plan options
- Generous veterinary care discounts
- Performance bonuses
Founded in 2015, American Veterinary Group (AVG) owns and operates a network of 120+ veterinary practices throughout the South that treat and protect over 75,000 pets annually. Our goal is to provide ongoing, in-person support to ease the burden of the day-to-day operations of veterinary practices, including in-office staff training, educational and marketing tools, and back office support. We deliver high touch practice management solutions to help veterinarians focus on the needs of their patients, instead of the needs of their business. We are animal lovers above all else, and operate with the motto, “pet first, client first”.
Veterinary Technician Recruiter (Remote) (copy) – Tampa, FL
Veterinary Technician Recruiter (Remote) – Houston, TX
Vice President, Financial Services Sales – Remote
Vice President, Statistics (Remote) – New York, NY
Video Player Engineer, iOS – Remote