Steven Eagell Ltd
** Salary: Up to £45,000 per year on target earnings **
We have a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to develop a career within an industry with one of the highest global marketing spends and at a company representing the world’s largest automotive brand.
The Steven Eagell Group is an award-winning employer and Europe’s largest Lexus and Toyota retailer, with 32 locations across the South East, East of England and West Midlands. Our foremost objective is to offer complete satisfaction to every one of our valued customers.
We are currently expanding our business and are now offering an exciting opportunity to join the team, as Vehicle Technician at our Toyota Peterborough branch. We will provide excellent training and genuine career progression opportunities in return.
Does this sound like you?
- Qualified level 2 Vehicle Technician or Diagnostic Technician
- Have over 2 years of experience in the automotive industry – Preferably but not essential at Toyota and/or Lexus
- An MOT tester (Preferred)
- Confident communicating with various people
- Fast learner when picking up specific skills and techniques
- Passionate about the automotive industry and interested in working for the largest automotive manufacturer in the world
- Process driven and happy with technical skills
- Generally organised in the workplace
If so, then read on for more detailed role information!
Key Job Competencies
Carries out vehicle services and repairs
- Works as part of the workshop team to carry out scheduled vehicle service and repair work, in accordance with TGB technical standards
- Examines vehicles and diagnoses non-routine defects, either in the workshop or during a road test, using a knowledge of the vehicles and technologies concerned
- Examines vehicles and reports defects against Department of Environment (MOT) and Vehicle Safety Report (VSR) standards
- Carries out each job within the budgeted time as set out on job card – to maintain own labour productivity
- Works in accordance with workshop and dealership Health & Safety requirements
- Works with colleagues to maintain workshop standards of cleanliness and tidiness
- Takes personal responsibility for the daily maintenance of workshop equipment, and reports equipment defects or problems that need attention
Works in accordance with key Toyota or centre processes
- Follows key processes to achieve specified quality and efficiency targets
- Works with the centre to develop improved, more efficient processes
Liaises directly with customers where appropriate
- Talks to customers to summarise the details of the work required or carried out, and answer their questions
- Offers customers a detailed technical explanation (where this is required) in a way that recognises their level of technical proficiency
- Listens carefully to customers and builds rapport and understanding during these discussions (where possible) to deliver customer satisfaction with the centre
Provides support to less experienced colleagues
- Coaches and supports apprentice technicians – for example by explaining a repair on a step-by-step basis as it is being carried out, or allowing an apprentice to carry out part of a job
- Provides assistance and guidance to colleagues who are less skilled or knowledgeable about a particular vehicle or technology
Attends regular training to update technical skills
- Attends specialised training as required (e.g. in new TGB vehicles, technology or new workshop equipment)
Works as a full member of the centre team
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the centre to provide a seamless service to customers (e.g. by informally observing and responding to the needs of customers who are not being attended to by other members of staff)
- Ensures opportunities for sales are followed up by the most appropriate specialist
- Reports on technical problems using appropriate procedures
At the Steven Eagell Group we take your privacy very seriously and will only use your personal information to administer the job application you submit to us. By submitting your contact data to us, you consent to us processing your personal data, in accordance with our Data Privacy Notice, and contacting you via these methods. You may optout at any time by emailing [email protected] If you don’t hear back from us within 2 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.