Trainee Production Machine Operator
You will be working with a small and friendly production shop floor team, helping and learning from specialist machine operators how to put coffee related products together from a green bean to finished high quality product, ready for customer despatch.
- Load materials and products into package processing equipment, ensuring all equipment, machines and production areas always comply with health and safety and personal hygiene rules.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products to ensure that packing specifications are met, removing completed or defective products or materials, placing them in designated locations.
- Move finished packaged items using pallet trollies to designation holding area ready for despatch.
- Train and supervise a packing line of staff to ensure maximum efficiency and product quality to ensure all coffee products are packed to the customer’s specification by ensuring all machines are set-up and working well.
- Keep waste to a minimum and ensure all machine problems are reported timely to the Shift Manager to maintain maximum machine efficiency.
- Ensure all clean downs for decaffeinated and organic products are adhered to in line with work instructions and that the corresponding paperwork is completed.
- Complete quality tests as stated in work instruction to ensure coffee is within specification and packed out as per online job sheet instructions.
- Complete any other tasks and duties deemed to be reasonable requests to ensure daily team targets are met.
- Some manufacturing experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be given
- Motivated self-starter who enjoys working under pressure
- Confident communicator and an avid problem-solver
- Willing to learn new skills and operate equipment in an autonomous role
- Displays a mechanical aptitude and works in an organised and methodical manner
- Enjoys working as part of a team, or on their own as required
- Demonstrates basic numerical, reading, analytical and computer skills
- Able to follow strict health and safety guidelines and quality procedures consistently
- Three shift pattern on rotation: Weekdays 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm, or Sunday to Thursday 10pm to 6pm
Starting salary with shift premium £24,000 (£25,000 after probation) + 33 days holiday (incl.BH) + Pension + EAP + Life Assurance + other Company benefits