Temporary Works Engineer – Chartered
Hunter Masons client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Temporary works Engineer working with Demolition Contractors based in Essex on a full time permanent basis.
Please note you MUST be chartered.
The ideal candidate should have 7 – 10 years + experience working in the UK and should have previous experience on the following scope of temporary works:
* Scaffolding design and detailing
* Tower crane base design and piling mat design
* Deep excavation and earth retention. Design of temporary propping to sheet pile wall / contiguous piled / secant piled basement retaining walls for basement excavation
* Design of king post retaining wall system
* Formwork & falsework support
* Façade retention, needling and shoring
* Temporary support to existing structures
* Back propping design to concrete frame structures
* Load assessment of existing structures for temporary construction and demolition loads
* Temporary support to climbing masts, hoists, temporary lifting beams / cranes and concrete placing booms
* Temporary access ramps
* Assessment and design of site hoarding
* Assessment of highway structures and preparation of AIP documents for temporary works
* Preparation of Form C for technical approval of temporary works from Network Rail
* Liaison with 3rd party Structural Engineers in submission & approval of temporary works designs for party wall awards.
Salary: £75 – £85k p/a based on qualifications & experience