Technical Architect Identity and Access Management
University of London
The University of London
The University of London is a leading UK provider of distance and digital education internationally, offering programmes to 45,000 students in 190 countries around the world. Although proudly rooted in London, our community and impact are global. We are a national leader in the humanities, and we promote their value to society and the economy through knowledge creation and exchange.
We are also a federation of 17 world class higher education institutions, with collaboration at the heart of our ethos. The University of London federation is a collective community of more than 240,000 learners and 50,000 staff, delivering world-leading research across all disciplines.
Our passion for increasing access to education and mobilising the collective power and expertise of the federation is central to our ability to transform lives around the world and address the global challenges of the future.
An exciting opportunity within the ITDS department for a Technical Architect Identity and Access Management has become available. The post holder will be responsible for the strategic delivery of IAM within the institutions, providing direction, working with Projects and Operations to identify needs, and leading on all things related to IAM.
The post holder will be responsible for continually enhancing and developing IAM. Including:
- Strategy and planning and acting as SME for all related IAM activities
- Operational oversight of MIM, ID Store, automated JML, account management processes
- Responsible and accountable for the IAM service
- Ensuring MIM, AADC, IdentityPanel, PCNS server components are running as expected
- IAM Platform updates and upgrades
- Maintaining MIM extension code
- Development and improvement of in-house IAM management tools
- 3rd-line support for technical issues as they arise
- Improvements to Service – technical developments to IDStore and related IAM tools (with Platform Specialist)
- Service/Process improvements for JML and dataflow to/from IDStore, including ServiceNow integration
- Identity Panel config and improvement
For a full role profile, please refer to the job description below.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your CV and Covering letter (by clicking ‘apply for job’ at the bottom of this page) before the closing dateat midnight on 19th March 2023.
The University will be unable to sponsor candidates for a visa for this role. Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK for the duration of their employment.
The University reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the published end date should it receive sufficient applications to warrant earlier shortlisting.
The University currently operates a Hybrid Working framework involving a mix of working from remotely and in the office. Typically, the majority of employees will be able to agree to work remotely for up to 60% of their working week, role dependent, however will be required to attend on specific days for training or team meetings.
The University of London is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive working environment where we can all be ourselves and succeed. We particularly encourage applications from members of Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic communities as this group is currently under-represented at all levels within the University. All appointments will be made on merit, based on the criteria identified in the job description.
Pursuing excellence in education and equal opportunities.