Brookson Group Ltd
Job Title: Tax Advisor
Location:Warrington (WA1) – 15-minute walk from Warrington Train Station
Working Hours:Hybrid/Flexible working – 37.5 hours a week
For over 25 years Brookson has been supporting the self-employed, contracting and freelance market with high quality accountancy and finance support.
We offer a wide range of accountancy and finance services tailored to the needs of our customers and we are now seeking a Tax Advisor to work within the accountancy services department.
The Tax Advisor will work within the Tax Specialist Team in conjunction with the wider Accountancy Services Department and will report into the Technical Service Delivery Manager. You will work closely with the Tax Senior in the team to support the delivery of their objectives.
You will liaise daily with other departments of the business, government and regulating organisations and customers via telephone, email, in writing and occasionally face to face.
As Tax Advisor, you will work within a team of Tax Specialists who will support our Accountancy Services Team to provide bespoke tax advice to customers and ensure annual returns are accurate and timely.
You will work directly with customers as well as internal teams to provide best advice and present customers with options and benefits allowing them to make informed decisions for their company and personal tax planning.
- Assist and take shared ownership of the day to day productivity activity within the department
- Provide advice and guidance in relation to all areas of the customers’ Tax position by way of a phone first approach.
- Pro-actively review and respond to any customer queries in relation to the following areas of Tax:
- Personal Tax
- Higher Rate Tax
- Second Shareholder advice.
- Benefits in Kind
- Property, Pension, Insolvency, Inheritance Tax
- Sole trader
- Provide coaching and support to Tax Assistants.
- Ensure all calls and emails are handled with empathy, enthusiasm, confidence and accuracy.
- Ensure that prospective customers are fully advised and supported through their decision-making process.
What experience and qualifications are we looking for?
Essential experience and Qualifications
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work with confidence to deal effectively with people at a variety of levels within the business
- ATT / CTA or equivalent work experience
- Experience of working in a financial environment is desirable
- Involvement in the delivery of projects
- Previous experience of managing people and workflows
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply with your CV highlighting your relevant skills in relation to the above criteria.
If your application is successful, Vicky from the Talent Team will be in contact to arrange an initial call.
All applicants are required to have right to work in the UK (sponsorship not available for this role)
To find out more, please contact Vicky from the Talent Team on 07976 382034