Surface Treatment & Paint Technician (MIV Boxer)- up to £34K+OT+Bonus
Rheinmetall BAE Systems Land
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are recruiting for Surface Treatment & Paint Technician to join our MIV Boxer Programme.
The individual in this role will report directly to the ‘Team Leader Surface Treatment’ and be responsible for the surface preparation and paint application of vehicles, components, assemblies and welded structures to the relevant quality and accreditation standards. The individual will hold relevant qualifications and be able to demonstrate prior experience in relevant areas of surface treatment and painting.
In addition to the core skills and competences the individual will bring to the production team, RBSL will provide the individual with a detailed understanding of the platform on which they will be working and all of the necessary skills required to undertake their role.
The above will provide the individual with the opportunity to see and be part of Boxer vehicle manufacture, whilst enjoying a rewards package.
Shift work & overtime is not planned but may be required.
- Production Manager M.I.V.
- Team Leader Surface Treatment.
- Manufacturing Engineers.
- Surface Treatment Engineers.
- Lead Quality Engineer.
- Quality Technician.
Position Duties and Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):-
- Preparation and painting/coating application of military vehicles and components, following all relevant work instructions, quality standards and SHE requirements.
- Undertake a wide range of paint preparation i.e. masking, sanding and cleaning.
- May be required to carry out grit blasting tasks (Training will be provided).
- Repair/ re-application of damaged areas of paint.
- Ensure compliance with company Health, Safety & Environmental Policy requirements, and take any reasonable steps and precautions to protect or minimise harm to the workplace, its employees and the environment.
- Maintain a safe and efficient working area in accordance with 5S requirements, whilst adhering to a specified production schedule.
- Check the quality of own work, ensuring traceability through self-certification of production documentation records.
- Perform crane operation and lifting tasks in accordance with safe working practices and instructions (If required, training or refresher training will be provided).
- As required, support the Logistics team to complete the movement, delivery, and inspection of parts and consumables.
- In exceptional circumstances, you may be required to undertake work at other facilities (e.g. UK MOD sites, supplier premises)
- Adhere to the companies code of conduct.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be required as determined by your manager from time to time.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Level 1 in Engineering/Manufacturing surface treatment bias, working within an engineering or production environment in a similar industry.
- Minimum 3 years’ painting and surface treatment experience in a vehicle, defence, or other similar industry role.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Paint technologies and standards relating to vehicle or industrial painting.
- Be able to read and interpret paint schemes and work instructions to understand specifications, tolerances and required materials to carry out the required task.
- Understanding and application of quality control within the surface treatment area.
- UK MOD ‘SC’ security clearance needed (If no SC yet, RBSL will sponsor application).
- Motivated and disciplined with an excellent work ethic, technical aptitude, continuous improvement mind-set and can demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as part of a team, or individually.
- Communication skills & ability to work within a high performing team.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Our employees receive a competitive benefits package and work for a growth organisation that offers great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as an employee assistance programme and Cycle2work.
for enquiries only [email protected]