Location: Denecroft, Guildford, GU1 4DA
Salary: £20,514 per year + Benefits
Hours: full-time, part-time, weekends only
•Develop professionally to achieve professional qualifications –Care Certificate, QCF levels 2-5, at no cost to you!
•28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), increasing to 36 days with long service (1 extra day for each year of service)
•Discounts and cashbackat hundreds of shops, restaurants, and activities, plus eligibility forBlue Light Card discounts
Please see below SeeAbility's extensive benefits and reward package
No experience necessary, we will provide training!
Who will you be supporting?
Denecroft provides support for young adults with a range of disabilities. We specialise in supporting and assisting people with sight loss and offer individual personalised support in our service throughout the Guildford area. We aim to excel as a specialist provider of quality care and support, ensuring the people we support are at the heart of everything we do at Denecroft.
Our homes each have their own welcoming and experienced team of Support Workers, Deputy’s and Managers who will assist you in your journey and help your professional development.
“Coming to work here is like coming home from home. It is a house and as soon as you walk in the door, it is not at all like being at work.”
By joining SeeAbility you will be able to help the people we support live an extraordinary life.
You will be looking for full-time or part-time role and happy to work on a rota basis, covering a combination of mornings, evenings and weekend support.
Although we welcome you if you've been a Care Assistant, Support Worker or equivalent, experience isn’t necessary. At SeeAbility, our values are of upmost importance to us, paired with a kind, caring and an enthusiastic approach.
If this, is you, then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for people who embrace differences, promote inclusivity and value and respect one another.
As a support worker you will:
- Provide emotional supportto individuals and their families.
- Provide supportfor individuals, such as helping with household tasks, personal care and paperwork.
- Assisting with activities and accessing the local community
- Supportand monitor their healthcare needs, including administering medication, attending appointments and with training, completing health actions plans.
Registered as The Royal School for the Blind, SeeAbility is one of the oldest disability charities in the UK and has pioneered specialist support for over 220 years.
At SeeAbility, we fully support your training and development. You will start with an extensive Induction programme and throughout your probationary period you will be equipped with face-to-face training, e-learning and guidance to support you whilst in your new role.
Your continued development is important to us, therefore, SeeAbility offer the means to progress your career, your way! You will learn and be supported in your role, and have the opportunity achieve professional qualifications – Care Certificate, QCF levels 2-5, which are funded by SeeAbility!
Your extraordinary opportunities
• Leadership development academy and talent programme for the next steps in your career
• Fully paid essential training
• Funded professional qualifications – Care Certificate, QCF levels 2-5 available
• Annual excellence awards
• Long service awards and recognition
• Quarterly 1:1s: Opportunity to discuss your progress and your future
Your work-life balance
• 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), increasing to 36 days with long service (1 extra day for each year of service)
• Buy and sell up to 3 days annual leave
• Life events – Time off when you need it most
• Flexible working – We are up for anything that works for your team and the wider organisation
Your money goes further
• Discounts and cashback at hundreds of shops, restaurants and activities
• Eligible for Blue Light Card discounts
• Save 10% on monthly bus travel
• Pay reviews and commitment to pay competitive rates
• Employer contributory pension scheme – Support and tools to help you make the right decisions about your future
• Refer a friend and receive £600
• Paid DBS and renewals
• Season ticket loans
• Discounted mobile phone options
Your wellbeing counts
• Life assuranceof 2x annual salary
• Free 24/7 employee assistance programme for advice and support
• Free eye care vouchers
• Discounted gym membership
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early if we have received a sufficient number of applications, so don't delay, apply today.
Safer Recruitment and Diversity
SeeAbility safeguards and promotes the welfare of the young people and adults we support. Therefore, we work with successful candidates to complete appropriate vetting checks prior to joining. SeeAbility is committed to promoting equality, encouraging diversity and embracing inclusion among our workforce. We want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and the people we support.