James Fisher and Sons plc.
Westhill – Aberdeenshire
JFD is the world leading underwater capability provider, serving the commercial and defence markets with innovative diving, submarine and hyperbaric rescue, technical solutions and services.
We are looking for a hard-working and diligent individual to join our team at Westhill. As Store Person, you will carry out various functions within the department such as picking material, storage, control, issue and distribution of stock as well as record keeping within stores.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn within a busy and friendly team as we can provide you with both on the job training along with dedicated training courses. If you have good communication skills, are self-motivated and keen to learn, then read on, this could a great role for you.
- Picking – Review orders and participate in the accurate picking, packing and delivery of customer orders within agreed timescales. Following FIFO process, LOT, Cure Dates and Serial Numbers.
- Locating – Locate goods into stock locations ensuring Material is labelled accurately and Storage space is adequate for material and packaged appropriately. Update locations in Glovia accurately.
- Responsible for complying with all company HS&E (Health & Safety) and warehouse procedural requirements.
- Verify computer system stock figures by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies.
- Operates various storage and transport equipment i.e., electric and / or propane powered forklifts, hand trucks, pallet jacks (Where licensed).
- Accountable for housekeeping throughout the Stores and surrounding areas to include the yard, ensuring that all housekeeping duties are carried out daily.
- Responsible for carrying out a reasonable amount of overtime as and when required in line with operational requirements.
- To participate in the duty Rota as and when required.
- To support the Stores Manager in performing other duties as & when required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are looking for individuals with good attention to detail, a positive can-do attitude and the desire to support a team deliver excellent results. Ideally, you will be computer literate, however full training on our Glovia system with be given. It’s also highly desirable that you have previous experience in a similar role or a forklift licence however this is not essential.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, click ‘Apply’ now.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive for our vacancies, on occasion applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
James Fisher is proud to be a Disability Confident employer, enabling us to attract and retain a wider pool of talent, as we recognise that our success depends on our talented and diverse workforce.
We strive to ensure that we enable employees with disabilities to reach their potential (including anyone who becomes disabled whilst employed with James Fisher), ensuring that their training, career development and promotion needs are met by providing reasonable adjustments, and they're treated fairly. For more information Click here