Omega Resource Group
Location – Bristol
Salary – £28k – £32k
Job type – Permanent
Main Purpose of Job Role
Execute inventory control measures to ensure the company minimizes stock holding and maximizes stock system and paperwork accuracy.
The role carries responsibility for working with purchasing, goods inwards and dispatch to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly.
The job role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time.
Main Duties: Stock Control
• Develop the company’s inventory management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital
• Manage and maintain the company’s material and stocked product inventory including stock profiles and stock locations
• Manage and control perpetual inventory stock counting / inventory accuracy checks
• Minimise overstocks and removal of obsolete / redundant raw materials to maximize availability of working capital
• Ensure that goods inward / stock control department is well organised and controlled to sufficiently support production and the goals of the business.
• Ensure incoming product is receipted and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
• Ensure materials are ready and available for production as and when required.
• Ensure that any materials that are late or holding up production for whatever reason are chased and followed up until received.
• Ensure subcontract processes are received back and that suppliers are chased to ensure no late delivery situation.
• Provide routine management information on inventory performance
• Monitor and evaluate consumables usage & costs
• Monitor & evaluate material utilization and scrap
• Implement improvement processes and systems to reduce inventory, minimise costs and maximize working capital
• Write and maintain accurate written procedures for all main inventory control processes and functions.
• Be responsible for managing and running planned stock takes.
• Perform cyclic stock checks
• Check and adjust shop floor data collection data
• Ensure works orders are correct and fully completed and that all stock has been allocated to the job correctly.
• Ensure integrity and accuracy of the stock management system
• Produce daily reports to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and any discrepancies addressed and resolved.
• Manage control measures to ensure mistakes, inaccuracies and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed and resolved.
• Ideally possessing a relevant professional qualification and/or suitable background experience in inventory management / purchasing
• Have a detailed understanding of MRP and inventory control / management systems and ERP.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience of lean manufacture, Kanban and kaizen continuous improvement or similar production tools within a low volume, high quality manufacturing facility would be an advantage.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
• Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills in accordance with modern best practice methods.
• Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
• Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
• Possess relevant IT skills in basic MS Office applications – outlook, excel & word and a working knowledge or business ERP systems
If you are interested please get in contact with Nick on 01453 829524 or [email protected]
Omega Resource Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.