Staff Software Engineer, Core Engineering
Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women's and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility and family building through maternity, parenting, pediatrics and menopause. Maven's award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better maternal health outcomes, as well as enhance DE&I in benefits programs. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has been recognized as Fast Company's #1 Most Innovative Health Company and has grown to 15 million lives covered. Maven has raised $300 million in funding from leading investors including General Catalyst, Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
An award-winning culture working towards an important mission – Maven Clinic is a recipient of over 20 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators (2022)
- Fortune Best Workplaces NY (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Great Place to Work certified (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Inc. Best Workplaces (2022)
- CNBC Disruptor 50 List (2022)
- Built In NYC Best Paying Companies (2022)
- Built In LGBTQIA+ Advocacy Award (2022)
Core Services owns systems that are central to our engineering organization and codebase. This team is critical to the health of our organization, and there are a lot of opportunities for large scale impact and growth! Eligibility is our area of work for ingesting eligibility data from clients, providing a backend service that provides this data when users sign up, and allowing for configuration of new clients.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute features and bug fixes to Eligibility
- Collaborate with teammates to shape the roadmap
- Contribute to and suggest improvements for documentation and team processes
Who you are:
- You have experience working on large, complex services and building at scale
- You have experience building monitoring, alerts, and run books
- You have experience with (or strong willingness to learn) workflow components like Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where expertise and responsibility is shared with teammates across disciplines.
- You have a passion for good test coverage and always automating
- 8+ years experience building backend services for production web applications
- Experience with most or all of the following:
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Event Driven Architecture
- APIs (GRPC preferred, but REST is great too)
- A scripting or compiled language (Python, Ruby; Scala, Go)
- Cloud ecosystems (GCP preferred, but AWS is great too)
- End-to-end ownership of feature development
For candidates in NYC or CO, the salary range for this role is $195,000 – $300,000 per year. You may also be entitled to receive a bonus, stock options, and benefits. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, and skillset.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
We are reimagining what a supportive workplace looks like, from the inside out. On top of standards such as employer-covered health, dental, and insurance plan options, and generous PTO, we offer an all-of-you, inclusive approach to benefits:
- Maven for Mavens: access to the full platform and specialists, including care for everything from mental health, reproductive health, family planning, pediatrics.
- Whole-self care through wellness partnerships
- Weekly breakfast, lunch, and get-togethers
- 16 weeks 100% paid parental leave, flexible time upon return, and $1.5K/mo for 2 months, new parent stipend (for Mavens who've been with us at least six months)
- Udemy, annual professional development stipend, and access to a personal career coach through Maven
- 401K matching for US-based employees (immediately vesting)
These benefits are applicable to Maven Clinic Co., US-based, full-time employees only. 1099/Contract Providers are ineligible for these benefits.
At Maven, creating a safe and inclusive environment for all is our top priority. If you'll be going into our offices or joining company-organized events, please note that Maven requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received the bivalent booster.
Maven is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Maven is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. Maven Clinic interview requests and job offers only originate from an @mavenclinic.com email address (e.g .
Staff Software Engineer, Financial Enablement (Remote) – Boston, MA
Strategic Account Manager, Health Systems – Remote
Strategic Sales Executive – Cloud & Edge Computing – Remote – Massachusetts
Subcontract Programme Manager – Remote
Superintendent – Remote