Sr Product Manager
Senior Product Manager, Online Training SANS OnDemand
SANS Institute (SANS) was established in 1989 as a cooperative research and education organization. In the next 25 years it grew to become the most trusted and, by far, the largest source for information security training and security certification in the world reaching more than 300,000 security professionals around the world today, with around 60,000 having been granted Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) security certifications – the leading certification that provides assurance to employers that their people and prospective hires can actually do the job. At the heart of SANS are the many security practitioners – from auditors and network administrators to chief information security officers, all sharing the lessons they learn and jointly finding solutions to the challenges they face – in varied global organizations from corporations to universities working together to help the entire information security community.
Join the SANS Team
At SANS, our culture is defined by Mission, Brand, People. Our goal is to hire people who understand the importance of continuing to fight against the “bad guys” (Mission) while delivering the highest quality training (Brand) to our students. We want employees whose personal values align well with our culture of fairness, honesty, customer focus, and pragmatic approach (People).
Summary of Position
SANS OnDemand is our world-class, online, self-paced training and certification prep experience. We offer over 60 courses and train thousands of students every day. The OnDemand Product Manager will lead product direction and execution for the SANS OnDemand online training platform and user experience. We are looking for candidates who have relevant product management experience with technical understanding, customer empathy, strong execution capability, and a track record of delivering high impact, high quality products in an agile environment. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, cross-functional influencer, analytical, objective-driven professional with proven problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. This candidate will have experience working collaboratively with senior leadership, product management, user experience, engineering, marketing, and sales to deliver exceptional value in web and mobile customer experiences. Prior product management experience in online learning, online training, education technology, cyber security, or publishing is required.
Product Strategy and Execution
- Define and lead an inspiring vision, strategy, roadmap, for the online training web and mobile experiences.
- Deliver successful product releases, measured by success metrics that you define and track
- Own, groom and prioritize the product backlog in JIRA for product releases and innovation opportunities.
- Work closely with the product management team and the rest of the cross-functional teams – architecture, product development, program management, and operations teams – to deliver scalable platform capabilities and course production workflows.
- Provide product thought leadership in identifying critical customer requirements and defining business goals.
- Lead end-user research in partnership with the UX design team to understand customer pain points and gather insights that result in new and enhanced product features and experiences
- Create and prioritize product requirements and user stories that are actionable for the development team to implement.
- Establish, conduct, and mature consistent discovery and feedback channels, directly with students and buyers.
- Partner with marketing and sales to effectively deliver product launch deliverables, marketing assets, and sales tool kits.
- Own and coordinate all product release activities, timelines, and project plans to bring new products and feature enhancements to market.
- Identify opportunities based on research, industry trends and best practices, to drive innovation and new business.
- Coordinate release activities to seamlessly bring product releases to market on time, with quality.
Tagged as: Remote
Sr. Account Executive – Remote
Sr. Director, Microsoft Alliance – Remote
Sr. Software Engineer – Remote – Tempe, AZ
Sr.Manager,ClinicalQualityAssuranceGCP(Remote) – Aliso Viejo, CA
STAFF AND PROGRAM MANAGER – Remote