Sr. Director, Microsoft Alliance
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
We are seeking an accomplished and high-impact Microsoft Cloud alliance leader to join our Partner Ecosystems and Business Development leadership team.
This person will shape and own the overarching strategy and execution for our high profile, fast-growing Microsoft cloud relationship. They will proactively engage and align cross-functional leaders (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales) to deliver desired impact to Confluent and to our customers. The ideal candidate will have an impressive track record in creating – and successfully delivering against – multi-year partnership plans between Microsoft and ISVs.
What You Will Do:
- Lead – and own accountability for – the global relationship between Microsoft Azure and Confluent
- Accelerate sales bookings, foster joint product innovation, drive joint marketing, and overall business impact for both organizations
- Develop and execute an aggressive business plan with Microsoft Azure, outlining an overarching alliance strategy, including product and solution roadmaps, GTM, and sales and consumption targets
- Ensure that Confluent is optimally positioned within the Microsoft Azure products and program structure, including the broader Microsoft Azure Cloud ecosystem
- Based on deep knowledge of Microsoft Azure GTM and sales motions, build and scale the global GTM and sales model for the partnership
- Lead an alliance partner team that effectively executes the joint business plan
- Recruit executive sponsors and key executive supporters within Microsoft Azure and Confluent to create a strong governance structure
What You Will Bring:
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft’s Cloud business model, Marketplace, operations, GTM, organization, partner programs, and global footprint
- Experience with Open Source, Data, and/or Analytics products
- 10-years of related experience in Partner sales, business development, and/or partner development
- Outstanding track record of establishing and driving strategic partnership(s) between Microsoft and ISVs.
- Proven success in building ambitious, compelling, multi-year, and multi-dimensional business plans between the two companies
- Demonstrated success in driving GTM and sales/revenue impact, including sourced pipeline, working with Microsoft stakeholders at different levels, and additional channel partners
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence senior executives
- Experience in leading cross-functionally with Product, Product/Partner Marketing, and technical SMEs to align and develop joint value propositions with Microsoft
- Ability to drive cross-functional and global teams to achieve desired outcomes such as influenced bookings, new pipeline, logos, marketing leads, etc.
- Experience working globally – in the Americas, Europe and Middle East, and Asia Pacific
- Experience with negotiating large and complex deals with industry leaders
At Confluent, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including work history, education, professional experience and location. This position has an annual estimated salary of $251,700 – $295,750 USD, an annual bonus, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience and work location. In addition, Confluent offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about our benefits click HERE.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of job applicants and prospective employees.
Sr. Software Engineer – Remote – Tempe, AZ
Sr.Manager,ClinicalQualityAssuranceGCP(Remote) – Aliso Viejo, CA
STAFF AND PROGRAM MANAGER – Remote
Staff Software Engineer – Infrastructure & Common Platform Services – Remote
Staff Software Engineer Devops/Back End, CMS-MPSM (remote) – San Francisco, CA