James Fisher and Sons plc.
Aberdeen – Westhill
To provide software engineering design solutions and through life engineering support to the commercial & defence product ranges working as the technical lead for the software engineering team. Workload can vary from creating software for new product design to meet client or internal specifications through to supporting an existing client’s request to upgrade or change software in the field.
- Provide software engineering design input to new products.
- Provide software engineering support to the existing product range.
- Assess technical queries and provide software engineering solutions to a wide ranging products portfolio.
- Liaise with internal JFD departments such as sales, procurement and production to ensure the best technical solution is provided in all instances.
- Creation of software engineering documentation such as specifications, proposals, test plans, reports and manuals.
- Ensuring software engineering solutions are provided on time and on budget.
- Adherence to global engineering end to end process and sub processes.
- Site visits to other JFD offices and client assets as and when required.
- Maintenance and development of company standards and processes for software version control
Knowledge & Skills
You will have proven experience in an industrial software and firmware design environment with extensive experience writing embedded software (STM32 IDE or similar). You will also have good experience with high level development languages – preferably C#, C++ and C, Python.
As our software Engineer you will have good experience writing Windows programs (VisualStudio, Windows IoT or similar) as well as Software development knowledge including version control using Azure DevOps (or similar) and development techniques (Agile, Waterfall or similar) You will also be experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as Pipelines, Jenkins (or similar).
Solid experiencein a software engineering role
James Fisher and Sons plc and all subsidiary businesses are committed to creating a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. For further information on the James Fisher group please visit www.james-fisher.com.