Software Engineer, Video
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox Consumer Products and Engineering (CPE) seeks a Software Engineer for the Video Engineering group to build, deploy and support video services that manage video workflows. FOX is responsible for delivering the largest LIVE events on TV – including the Super Bowl, MLB World Series, FIFA World Cup, Election Coverage, WWE Smackdown, NFL Championships, Primetime Emmy Awards and countless more. This role is essential to providing our digital audience a great experience every time they press play and will be key to developing industry leading reliability, quality, and overall system performance. As an engineer, you will be working in an extremely fast paced environment where you’ll be expected to learn the ecosystem quickly and help the team to build automated, resilient video services for video streaming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
Work closely with Engineering/Product/Project Management and Backend Technology Services teams to solve challenging technical problems. In this role, you will help develop software, maintain good communication with stakeholders such as project managers and product managers. Additionally, you will help maintain uniformity across CI/CD solutions, testing solutions and solidify the development process.
- Build and deploy software solutions supporting video workflows.
- Confer with colleagues across the organization, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, investigating problem areas, following the software development lifecycle.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, implementing changes in policies and procedures.
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Participate in Tier 3 on-call rotation support for the services you and your team develop and operate.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Strong development skills in Golang, YAML scripting or equivalent programming languages.
- Experience working for engineering teams on scalable services development.
- Strong understanding of software design/architecture and tradeoffs.
- Experience with AWS Services like EC2, Lambda, S3, API Gateway
- Familiarity with containers, micro-services and related architectures.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Terraform, Github actions.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with performance, load, stress, and security testing tools.
- Excellent documentation skills, UML diagrams a plus.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL-BREAKER
- Experience with streaming protocols (HLS/DASH), encoding (H.264), AWS Media Services (MediaLive/MediaStore)
- Experience with React.js
- Understanding of DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking, security and large scale event delivery
Learn more about Fox Tech at https://tech.fox.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $92,000.00-123,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. $76,600.00-102,500.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Software Engineering Manager (Core Platform) – Remote
Software Implementation Project Manager – Remote
SolarWinds Solutions Engineer – ServiceDesk ITSM – Remote
Solutions Architect – Central (Remote Friendly) – Chicago, IL
Specialist for Installing Residential Glass P/T – Remote