Software Engineer- Core Product
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Banking Gateway Squad within the Core Product group of Spendesk’s Product & Engineering organisation.
We are inviting a talented programmer to join a collaborative and engineering focused team environment, in Banking Gateway squad responsible for delivering a simple and reliable API for all banking providers in order to support the other squads in their tasks.
You will contribute ideas to nurture changes to the part of the business the team will be responsible for. The squad will have a Product Manager, a Product Designer, and 4 Software Engineers (backend, frontend and fullstack). Together you will collaborate in outlining, shaping, and implementing experiments and solutions at a fast pace to provide this strategic API for the future of Spendesk.
You will be reporting into the Team Lead of the squad, who will be supporting you on your growth journey.
What you will do:
- Build experiments, shipping fast and small, then work with product and design to monitor, learn and improve
- Consolidating validated experiments by implementing secure, reliable and scalable solutions, improving our technical architecture and developing features end-to-end and be responsible for all aspects of them: technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, and maintainability.
- Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments
- Work cross-functionally with various teams: product management, different internal technology product lines, or business units to drive forward results
Our Tech Stack
- Frontend: TypeScript, React.js, Jest, Cypress, Internal Design System
- Backend: Node.js, TypeScript, Express/Koa, GraphQL, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Kafka, Jest
- Platform:AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, Github, Datadog
- Mobile:Swift, Kotlin
- Data:DBT, Snowflake, Segment, Looker
Who we are looking for:
- 4+ years of software development experience in a professional setting
- Experience in building and consuming REST and GraphQL APIs
- Passionate about product aspects, transforming ambiguous needs into concrete and impactful technical solutions: you love tackling challenges
- Fluency in written and spoken English – it is our business language"
As we are an international team, please submit your application and CV in English.
Spendesk is the 7-in-1 spending solution built for finance teams to make faster, smarter spending decisions. Founded in 2016, Spendesk is now one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe, with over 4,000 customers and an international team of 500+ employees based in Paris, Berlin, London, Hamburg, and remote. We’ve raised over €260M from leading investors, and been named a French tech unicorn. And we’re not stopping there!
About our people & culture
We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. That’s why liberation is at the core of everything we do. We empower Spendeskers to take ownership of their work, to navigate ambiguity, and seize every opportunity. Spendeskers come from all over the world (35+ countries and counting!) but we have plenty in common: we're bold, ever-curious, committed to kindness, and tackle every challenge with a positive mindset.
About our benefits
Our culture is built on trust, empowerment, and growth — with benefits to match!
-Fully covered Oyster card for traveling to and from our new office (up to £250 monthly depending on location)
-£45 monthly wellness allowance, accruable, to be used on whatever wellness means to you – through the Ben platform
– Access to Moka.care for emotional and mental health wellbeing
– Pension scheme (on salary sacrifice): 5% employee / 5% employer (by Aviva)
– 28 days of holidays
– Latest Apple Mac equipment
– Company virtual events
– Visit our other offices: Paris, Berlin & Hamburg
– Great office snacks to fuel your day
– A positive team to work with daily!
– Vitality private health insurance (for you and your family/partner)
– Bupa private dental care
Diversity & Inclusion
At Spendesk, we're committed to fostering an environment where all differences are encouraged, supported and celebrated. We're building our culture for everyone, with everyone. Our goal is to attract and build a diverse, equal and inclusive team, where everyone feels welcome and we truly embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.