Service Centre Advisor
Beyond Housing Ltd
Scarborough, North Yorkshire
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Customer Service Team as a part-time Service Centre Advisor, working 22.5 hours per week.
You will be providing the highest quality customer experience to all customers through a range of communication channels including telephone, email, live-chat and face to face.
We aim to provide a first contact resolution service and our enthusiastic team are continuously exploring innovative ways to tailor our services to meet the needs of our customers and provide a positive and outstanding customer service experience with Beyond Housing.
The Service Centre receives a variety of enquiries from our customers and you will be required to:
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound contacts in a timely manner through varies channels; telephone, live-chat, email, text and other online communications
- Effectively and accurately communicate with customers and colleagues with the guidance of scripts, when handling a variety of topics
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information and provide solutions
- Accurately record and communicate information
- Schedule customer appointments for repairs and other services
- Have an understanding of property repairs and maintenance for diagnostic questioning when handling property repair enquiries
- Take customer payments
- Have a confident knowledge of operating and navigating through a variety of digital platforms and ICT systems.
We would be especially interested in hearing from candidates with excellent communication, organisational, team working skills and a passion for providing excellent customer service.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in delivering a 'one stop shop' service for customers of Beyond Housing. The Service Centre receives around 25,000 contacts a month through a variety of communication methods, including telephone, email, live chat, text, web queries and face to face at reception. The team also undertake administration tasks covering areas of customer satisfaction, rental income, tenancy management, and choice based lettings with an ambition to answer our customers enquiries at the first point of contact.
Faye Robinson is our Service Centre Team Leader, so if you fancy a chat about this role, why not give her a call on 07791 769918.
Closing date for applications is Monday 13 March 2023, applications will be reviewed throughout the duration of the advert and we may close it early should enough applications be received. We are not working with recruitment agencies on this vacancy.
Who is Beyond Housing?
Our story began in 2018 and we’d like you to be part of our future. With over 700 colleagues forming the Beyond Housing family, we cover 411 square miles with more than 15,000 homes, serving 30,000 customers. Our mission is simple; to provide homes customers want, services they value, delivered by people who care. We want to help our customers and communities to succeed and thrive. Considerate, collaborative, ambitious and accountable – that’s just our way of life.
Our offices are more than just the space we work in. We encourage inspiration, creativity and productivity in a relaxed and comfortable environment. We’re looking for people who are travelling in the same direction when it comes to the way we work, live our values and deliver our services. Our reward and recognition offer is pretty impressive too!
We have ambitious plans for further growth and impact, and we need the right people to take this leap with us. It may be challenging at times, but you can be assured that it is going to be rewarding and inspiring. After all, we are changing lives, every day, in all that we do.
Our values and extremely important to us and we want all our colleagues to really live our values everyday, we are looking for candidates who show they have the skills to do the role and are aligned to our values.
At Beyond Housing, we are committed to ensuring that all applicants are treated fairly throughout our recruitment and selection processes and are not discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Why choose us?
The team here at Beyond Housing genuinely care about the work we do to transform the lives of our customers. We think this is a pretty big reason to love your career at Beyond Housing, and that’s why our benefits package shows Beyond Housing genuinely cares about its teams too.
Our people are our best asset, so we want to make sure your wellbeing is the best it can be. Our responsibilities as an employer extend beyond the workplace, we want to make sure we can help and support you when you need it most.
So here goes:
- Flexible working patterns to suit your commitments
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Impressive salaries with incremental pay increases for most colleagues
- Commitment to paying the Real Living Wage for our staff
- Competitive pension scheme with generous employer contributions
- Life assurance to look after your loved ones
- Health plan
- A much needed caffeine boost with free tea and coffee (and cordial for when you’re feeling parched)
- Cycle to work scheme (if you’ve got the legs for it)
- Annual cost of living pay rise
- Agile working – to give you that positive work life balance.
- Rather not work the normal 9 – 5? If you have a working pattern that you would prefer, please discuss this with us and we might be able to support.