Senior Vice President Business Aviation – Americas
Senior Vice President Business Aviation – Americas
Negotiable & commission & benefits
• Overall responsibility for the business aviation unit strategy, operations, and P&L for the Americas region.
• Responsible for designing, building and driving the overall business, sales team, product and service delivery with support of a SVP of Sales, a Head of Sourcing/brokering and a Head of Supplier Relations
• Create and drive a sales, customer-service and target-oriented culture throughout your team.
• Monitor monthly progress against sales targets and strategy and report to the President Americas highlighting any issues or concerns making recommendations for action where applicable.
• Work with counterparts in other regions (i.e. Europe, Middle East/India/Africa, Asia) to share ideas, drive best practices and harmonize/optimize operations where appropriate
• Work with the President and other managers to tackle the admin/process delays with goal of making business more efficient and team members more productive. This will involve interaction and open dialogue with all key internal departments and stakeholders to work on solutions.
• Provide other administrative support related to budgeting, reforecasts, board reports and presentations, internal meetings, etc.
• Work cross functionally with Marketing, IT, Finance, Legal as well as collaborating with other senior product managers of Cargo and Commercial Passenger (larger Part 121 charters).
• Manage business aviation team to ensure the achievement of individual, team and company objectives is in line with the overall business aviation strategy.
• Work in conjunction with Head of Sales, a Head of Sourcing/brokering and a Head of Supplier Relations to develop country specific plans in line with business aviation sales strategy and to support the maintenance of relationships with existing and new clients, as well as suppliers, to generate further business.
• Train and guide the business aviation team to ensure that they adhere to company guidelines and follow best practices in order to minimize company liability and exposure.
• Ensure targets for the team(s) are understood and provide guidance to team staff on delivery of key responsibilities and monitor individuals' progress against the set team(s) targets.
• Ensure team handle broking enquiries, in a professional manner, from initial quoting to contracting and operational management, within planned budget and allowing for a suitable profit.
• Take corrective action due to any issues/problems within team.
• Ensure effective balance of workload across the team.
• Monitor team activity and create monthly reports for senior management as required.
• Manage daily HR issues such as holiday authorization and out of hours cover.
• Provide leadership by example and hands-on support to the team.
• Act in a professional, confidential and appropriate manner in all staff interactions and employee matters.
• Foster a highly collaborative, commercial approach to inter-company business encouraging greater communication at all levels.
• Positively communicate business aviation strategies outlined by the President, Americas to the team.
• Provide mentoring, training and development of personnel whilst fostering an open, team spirited, business culture.
• Provide guidance and direction to staff within the team and ensure staff remain motivated and enthusiastic whilst creating vision and scope for future developments.
Group policies and procedures (Business Intelligence, Compliance, Finance, HR, IT, Legal)
• To undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
• At all times to ensure that legal and commercial risks (to the extent relevant to the post holder role) are identified and minimized through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as relevant support functional departments and, when necessary Board of Directors.
Operator Supplier Requirements
• Work with head of Supplier Relations, Head of Sales, Head of Broking and other regional managers to develop a comprehensive safety strategy and standard including minimum operator, crew and insurance requirements.
• Ensure all contracts, insurance and regulatory matters are accurate, legally compliant and that company requirements are met.
• Verify supplier contract in detail and ensure all terms comply with the company's charter agreements.
• Evaluate market trends and profiles to make calculated assessments of the current and future market and to identify new potential areas for business development to ensure success over competitors
• Encourage team members to develop new business through initiative, follow up on new leads, client recommendations and pro- active networking
• Provide support for sales activity for new business development
• Create new and innovative sales approaches for specific areas
• Create new department tools to assist in alleviating individual workload
• Ensure requirements of company contracting are met and that every contract issued is correct and signed by the department
• Ensure all staff members have a solid understanding of contracting and the associated procedures to ensure that all contracts are completed accurately and are legally compliant
• Assist group wide with contracting and assist in the correction of contracts with airlines for other offices
• Ensure all client and supplier data is kept up to date and is managed in a discreet manner
• Keep up to date on latest operational capabilities of aircraft, airports and handlers
• Keep up to date on latest aircraft availability and airport and control authority procedures
• Report on department progress against objectives to senior management and board members
• Ensure invoices generated by business aviation team member are raised correctly with accurate information and payments are paid by clients and to suppliers in an agreed time scale.
• In coordination with head of Marketing Americas, budget and undertake business aviation specific marketing initiatives to ensure the growth and professional representation of the organization’s brand.
• Attend and represent the organisation at agreed trade shows, conferences and industry events
• Ensure that all marketing material is in line with Group Marketing procedures
• To carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
• Training, guidelines, and procedure development – create a handbook/training guidebook
• To travel when required in line with business needs.
• Be aware of and comply with the company policies.
• Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
• Participate in a rotating out of hour’s duty rota within the commercial team.
What's on offer:
A truly negotiable salary and an extensive benefits package.
With a proven reputation for innovation, expertise and professionalism our client are looking for dynamic and agile individuals to join our international team who are excited about the aviationindustry as they are,
If this sounds like your career step, get in touch today.
Friendly work environment
Unwavering welcoming culture
Company away days
Global travel opportunities
Our client is a global aircraft charter and aviation support organisation that puts innovation and employee satisfaction at the heart of their business.
Senior, NetSuite Managed Services (Remote) – New York, NY
Service Desk Engineer (Partial Remote) – New York, NY
Service Desk Engineer (Partial Remote) – Newport Beach, CA
Service Desk Engineer (Partial Remote) – Alexandria, VA
Service Desk Engineer (Partial Remote) – Addison, TX