Senior Software Engineer – Audio Editing
Location: Remote USA – This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
On this team you are going to be responsible for media editing libraries to enable more capabilities in our ecosystem of video and media editing tools across all platforms and products.
The person in this role will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing core libraries for audio processing, effects rendering, media encoding and decoding, as well as researching innovative new techniques for edits and effects, helping users to create engaging and compelling edits with their media.
What You Will Do
- Develop and support a cross platform audio processing and playback system
- Research and development of techniques for ambisonic audio processing and features
- Help develop tooling used by the creative and camera firmware team
- develop and improve audio processing algorithms in our media editing system
Skills We’re Excited About
- Cross-platform development experience
- Proficient in C and C++
- Proficient in digital audio signal processing
- Knowledge of acoustics, audio production, and audio engineering concepts
Bonus Points For
- Experience with audio formats and compression
- Experience with Python and C/Python bindings
- Experience with surround or ambisonic Audio
- 3D Mathematics, particularly 3D vectors, matrices, and quaternions
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $113,050 – $194,350. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.
Senior Software Engineer (Remote) – New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer I – Full Stack (Permanent Remote, US) – Seattle, WA
Senior Software Engineer – Remote
Senior Staff Applications Engineer (Remote) – New York, NY
Senior Staff Engineer, Software Design – Storage – Remote