Senior Scientist – Bioinformatics
United Kingdom, Cambridge
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Early Development Services Department are looking for a Senior Scientist with a passion for Bioinformatics to join the team in Cambridge. This is a desk based, customer focused role where you will be involved in performing protein sequence and structural risk assessments and protein re-engineering. In addition, you will support RNA sequence analysis performed by the lab based teams.
Using your knowledge and experience in bioinformatics, you will be providing structural bioinformatics insights for Lonza programs, supporting the in-house development of bioinformatics tools and delivering high quality work and reports for Lonza’s internal and external Stakeholders.
- Performing sequence and structure based in silico assessments
- Assisting with computational design of diverse types of biotherapeutics including antibody humanisation
- Assisting with in silico analysis of omics data
- Contributing to the development of innovative bioinformatics tools to support biologic de-risking activities
- Contribute to maintaining and updating Bioinformatics software and databases
- Creating and presenting high quality reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Communication of project updates to internal and external stakeholders
- PhD or MSc in a relevant degree (Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Biological Sciences)
- Proven experience in protein sequence and structural analysis with strong understanding of molecular interactions
- Experience in antibody humanisation programs and designs
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, Perl, R, and MATLAB is an advantage)
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills with fluent written and verbal English language
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.