Senior Registered Nurse/Midwife
MSI Reproductive Choices
South West England
Are you Senior Registered Nurse or Midwife interested in having a better work-life balance, compared to other providers, in a role where you still make a real difference?
Location: Plymouth and St Austell. Both accessible via public transport.
Hours: Part time – 22.5 hours
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £34,424.65 – £38,727.73 FTE (actual salary £20,654.79 – £23,236.64) dependant on experience with opportunity to increase salary upon completion of competencies
You will be a Registered Nurse or Midwife with a current Nursing and Midwifery Council Pin and will share our vision of making choice a reality for everyone. You must be pro-choice on abortion and an advocate of our mission ‘Your Body, Your Choice, Your Future’.
Putting client-centred care into practice requires the backing of the whole organisation, we are looking for a passionate and committed Nurse or Midwife to join our team within our Plymouth and St Austell clinic.
Within our Nurse led environment we have well-established protocols and support systems that reinforce a values-driven organisational culture, with a focus on care and leaving no one behind.
As a Senior Registered Nurse or Midwife, you will be provided with a bespoke training package tailored to your clinical experience to equip you in delivering safe and effective abortion care to our clients. Previous experience of working within sexual and reproductive health is not a requisite of this role.
This position is a lone-working role working in a Community Treatment Centre with full remote support provided if required at any time during your shift. You can expect to work in a client-centred, hands-on, and fast-paced, dynamic environment where you will be encouraged and empowered to develop and strengthen your clinical and professional skills.
To perform this role, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for supporting our diverse client population
- Excellent record keeping
- Strong clinical knowledge and good analytical skills
- Good time management skills
- Ability to manage risk effectively, prioritising workloads accordingly
- Good IT skills (full training on internal programs will be provided)
Who are we?
Only when choice is a reality for each of us, can we create a better, more equal world for everyone. Here at MSI Reproductive Choices UK we are proud to be a social enterprise that is changing the world for the better, we reinvest and donate our profits towards creating a positive social change across 37 countries globally.
As one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare our aim is simple: to empower clients to make the reproductive choices that are right for them.
At MSI, our client-centred care philosophy means respecting our clients as active partners in their own service, caring about who our clients are, their experiences, and how they feel before, during and after they access care with us.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to safeguarding: promoting the welfare and safety of everyone involved in the delivery or receipt of sexual and reproductive health services, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults.
What can we offer you?
- Achievable opportunities for salary progression
- Market leading Aviva pension provider up to 5% employer contribution
- Over 4,000 perks and discounts through Blue Light card
- Up to £1000 salary sacrifice to purchase a bike tax free including safety equipment
- Up to £7000 annual season ticket loan for use on public transport
- Competitive overtime rates
- Accredited Mental Health First Aiders to support employees in moments of need
- Competitive family friendly benefits to support your family and working life
- Potential for flexible working
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays increasing with continuous service (FTE)
- We celebrate our colleagues through our national Employee Recognition Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme / Occupational Health Support – providing advice and counselling on a variety of matters
- Annual contribution towards eye test and glasses
- Great opportunities to progress
- Paid training provided to ensure you are fully equipped to perform within your role and beyond
- Develop your skills through an accredited apprenticeship programme
- Training and Development learning agreements available
For more information about the role, please view the job framework and person specification.
Closing date: 6th March 2023 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications