Senior Manager, IT Infrastructure
About the Team
Our IT Infrastructure organization is a growing team focused on delivering scalable hosting, storage, networking solutions, and AWS productivity and communication platforms for our internal customers. The team is composed of AWS-focused DevOps engineers, network engineers, and their managers.
We move fast and have audacious goals, scaling to meet the demands of an enterprise that has grown more than 3x since 2019 while improving all aspects of our IT infrastructure operations.
About the Role
In this role, you’ll be the visionary leader who establishes an infrastructure strategy for IT, rapidly expanding our hosting footprint by absorbing the disparate compute solutions managed through our many different business units and selling leadership on new ways to drive efficiency and productivity through the platforms you manage.
You’ll build scalable processes and partner with Information Security to protect our information assets, while identifying creative solutions to accelerate our delivery through technology.
You will report to the head of our IT organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Create a greenfield vision for infrastructure and realize that vision through your leadership as DoorDash grows
- Build strong relationships with our IT stakeholders by anticipating their needs and delivering before they ask
- Establish clear, measurable expectations for your team and provide the tools and the environment they need to meet those expectations
- Utilize automation and process optimization to deliver 10x results with 2x investment, building scalability and flexibility into infrastructure operations
- Treat every DoorDash asset as your personal responsibility, ensuring that every decision we make aligns to our goals and financial commitments
- Commit to inclusion both within your team and across functions, leading by example and ensuring everyone has a seat at the table and all voices are heard
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years experience with at least 5 years managing IT infrastructure teams
- You’ve managed managers and led organizational design efforts
- You’ve managed a remote workforce
- You know how to make a compelling business case with clear ROI supported by data / you’re a compelling salesperson that can drive a vision
- You’re familiar with industry best practices, but you’re creative in developing iterative approaches to maturing IT services while resource constrained
- You’ve scaled an IT infrastructure operation, growing service reach through a combination of process, tooling, hiring, and sourcing
- You have a strong perspective on both cloud (AWS) and on-prem (networking, IoT, etc.) infrastructure and bring creativity in applying these tools to new problems
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
Senior Manager, Structured Finance – Remote
Senior NodeJs React UI developer – Work From Home – Island County, WA
Senior Order Management Representative (B2B – Remote Opportunity) – New York, NY
Senior Process Improvement Analyst – Healthcare (100% Remote) – Los Angeles, CA
Senior Process Improvement Analyst – Healthcare (100% Remote) – Remote