Senior Electrical Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
James Fisher and Sons plc.
Who we are
JFN is an innovative and fast-growing organisation, with our highly skilled teams and long standing heritage enabling us to deliver solutions to the most demanding operational and technical challenges faced by our Customers.
JFN deploys its specialised capabilities into markets demanding the highest standard of quality and reliability to ensure safe operations in hazardous environments. We offer turnkey solutions including multidiscipline engineering design, manufacture, testing, installation and commissioning, with projects ranging from small single objective tasks to large scale multidiscipline projects.
If you want to help us remain at the forefront of the industries in which we serve and expand our capabilities to support the developing requirements of our Customers apply today.
About the role
The Senior EC&I Designer Engineer is a design engineer with responsibility for undertaking or complying with the following:
- Design Tasks
- Project Management Interaction
- Technical Mentoring
- Tendering Tasks
- Quality Compliance
- Health & Safety
- Technically Responsible Person Role
- Continual Improvement
- Has been responsible for a variety of diverse projects or activities ranging in both size and complexity
- Sound appreciation of manufacturing, assembly and test techniques
- A high level of commercial awareness
- Sufficient technical knowledge and understanding of the industry to be able to technically lead a team, shape the outcome of a project and encourage and assist others in the delivery of that project
- Ability to manage his / her own workload and self-manage to deliver tasks
- Ability to make prioritisation decisions on work
- Ability to read, understand and shape new procedures and standards
- Is expected to need management rather than supervision
- Is expected to be proficient in the production of standard design deliverables
- Is expected to be an experienced user of relevant design tools, techniques and methods
- Is expected to be conversant with legislation and regulations applicable to their role and the projects they are working on
- Degree / HND / Higher Apprenticeship in a related discipline
Your principal accountabilities and other tasks will be carried out in the framework of our valued behaviors Pioneering spirit, Integrity, Energy, Resilience.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.