Senior Design Director, Growth
Vector Media Group
Job title: Senior Design Director, Growth
Manager: Executive Director, Design & Experience
Happy Cog is looking for a design director to help expand its business into new markets while cultivating new opportunities within markets where Happy Cog is already well-established. The person who will thrive in this role is part strategist, part designer, part relationship manager: they have an uncanny sense for uncovering insights in the overlooked, know how to bring those insights to life, and understand that fostering an authentic culture of collaboration among is what creates the kind of transformative experience people come back for..
- Lead strategy and design on new projects, from initial, discovery-only engagements, to full-blown, multi-release websites and products
- Grow projects into account relationships through high-touch service; contributes to the entire agency portfolio by identifying opportunities within design-led projects to cross-sell agency services (e.g., front- and back-end development, SEO, Analytics, etc.)
- Help roadmap releases and enhancements based on site performance, business goals, and various qualitative and quantitative inputs
- Maintain exceptional quality on retainer accounts and ensure projects remain aligned with long-term vision
- Manage and mentor a growing team of designers with various specialties
- Draft proposed design approach for RFP responses and occasionally represent Happy Cog design in capabilities presentations
Skills & Qualifications:
- Knows how to build consensus among disparate stakeholder groups
- Understands the importance of bringing the whole team along, client included, on the project journey
- Experience facilitating interviews and design workshops
- Communicates clearly and transparently
- Proven ability to synthesize research and observations into jargon-light, insight-rich strategy and creative briefs
- Can lead a team through all aspects of design process, from research, information architecture, and concept development through system production
- Expert at digital experience design and happy to get hands-on when needed
- Proficient in Figma and able to produce testable prototypes of an appropriate fidelity
The salary range for this position is $125,000–$145,000 per year, depending on experience.
What we offer:
- Healthy work/life balance.
- A creative environment to do the best work of your career.
- An amazing team of developers, designers, marketers, and project managers.
- Flexible hours.
- Flexible paid vacation policy.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Retirement plan with company matching.
About Happy Cog:
Happy Cog is a growing interactive agency of 80+ people, all working 100% remotely.
We design, develop, and market websites and mobile apps for a wide variety of clients — everyone from small startups, to Fortune 100s. Projects we've recently worked on have included online ordering platforms for restaurants, custom content management systems for law firms, an economic mobility research platform, and many more.
We are looking for great people to join our team, so if you don't check all the boxes, but believe you can do the job, reach out and tell us why – your experience might be just what we're looking for!
Happy Cog is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, protected veteran status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability.
We are also proud to have been on the Inc 5000 list of America's fastest growing companies for 7 years in a row! For more information go to our website: https://www.happycog.com.
Senior Developer – Remote
Senior Development Coordinator – Remote – Framingham, MA
Senior Development Coordinator – Remote – Boston, MA
Senior Director – Mergers and Acquisitions – Remote
Senior Director, California Policy – Remote