PJA Advertising + Marketing
PJA Marketing + Advertising, a rapidly growing btob and btoc integrated communications agency, a Chief Marketing Officer ‘CM200 Top Brand Activation + Engagement Agency’ and Medical, Marketing and Media 100 – 'Agency to Watch' is seeking a Senior Accountant to add to its finance team. The Senior Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets and income statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Manages customer accounts and accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- 5+ years of related experience required.
Salary commensurate with experience.