Safety and Compliance Officer
Reporting to the Safety and Compliance Manager, the main purpose is to assist in all Safety, Compliance and HSE related tasks, including audits investigations and HSE training. You will assist with the execution of the UK annual audit schedule and the day-to-day maintenance of the Quality and Safety Systems. Travel to NHV bases and supplier sites will be required. The Safety and Compliance Officer co-operates closely with all organisational sub divisions of NHV and their main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
Respons. & areas
· Preparing and conducting internal and external audits and inspections
· Follow up on audit findings to ensure satisfactory closure
· Participate in external audits from customers and the authorities as required
· Assists on the implementation of group policies and monitors adherence
· Assists the Safety and Compliance Manager in developing group policies and make suggestions for improvement
· Monitoring compliance legislation and company procedures throughout all UK sites via auditing and regular inspections and, ensuring that all non-conformances and observations are actioned and closed out within the allocated timeframe, by liaising with respective UK Base Managers
· Preparing HSE strategies and presenting them to senior management to encourage and support continuous improvement
· Assisting with global safety campaigns and initiatives
· Monitoring and ensuring compliance to ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems
· Administration of the Safety and Compliance Management Systems
· Assisting in the development of site specific risk registers and risk assessments and ensuring that these are communicated to the workforce
· Leading and participating investigations
· Liaising with stakeholders/clients regarding HSE related topics and reviewing quarterly performance statistics. Sharing and discussing root causes, lessons learned and corrective actions from audits, investigations and inspections
· Business development – Supporting tender preparations and contract reviews in regards to QHSE requirements
· Engaging in emergency response activities including training exercises
· Providing HSE support and advice where required across the business functions and locations
· Generating safety information notices, bulletins and newsletters, and communicating them across all areas of the UK business.
· Document control – Reviewing and maintaining Safety, Compliance and HSE related documentation.
· Assisting in the development of the safety culture in line with the company’s policies, values and missions
· Facilitating occupational health requirements as required
· ICT literate (specific aviation software & MS Office)
· Languages: English (professional level)
· Ability to follow company procedures and processes (operational, quality, safety …)
· Formal safety training and qualifications (NEBOSH or equivalent desirable)
· Proven safety experience
· Experienced auditor
· Knowledge of ISO9001
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· Health and Safety knowledge
· Environmental experience desirable
Must be able to obtain a basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate.
What we offer
You'll be welcomed in a young and exciting company. Based on your skills and competences, you'll be offered a competitive salary with extra legal benefits.
The opportunity can be taken to widen your knowledge and skills.