Restaurant Team Member
We are looking for a Restaurant Team Member to join us at The Kings Head in Chipping Ongar.
What’s in it for you?
- £7.50 – £10.00 per hour plus your share of cash and card tips
- Free meal whilst on shift
- Flexible shift patterns available
- Accrue holiday days as you work
- Up to 50% off meals taken off duty for you and up to 6 guests
- 33% off our hotel accommodation
- Wage streaming service allowing access to your pay when it suits you
- Service Awards
- Refer a friend and Chef recruitment incentives of up to £1000
- A Birthday Gift
- An invitation to our annual festival!
About the Kings Head:
On Chipping Ongar High Street, the King’s Head is a listed coaching inn with a traditional lounge area, function room, a large restaurant and a modern, theatre-style kitchen with a Josper Grill and a wood-fire pizza oven.
The Kings Head serves a seasonal, Mediterranean-inspired menu enhanced by weekly specials carefully crafted by a team of chefs based on sustainable, quality ingredients. Traceable from farm to fork, our meat and poultry come from British farms, our eggs are free range, and our fish is responsibly sourced from suppliers approved by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC).
About The Oakman Group:
Recognised as a leading employer, we are extremely proud to be in the Top 25 Large Companies to Work For.
We know that the key to success is the people within the business, and that the first step is recruiting the best people who are passionate about delivering the best service and using the best ingredients in the best setting.
The next step is to give back and invest in our employees:
- Our award-winning online training academy offers education on demand, providing you with the knowledge and experience to be the best you can be, anytime, anywhere.
- Our suppliers work closely with us to supply hands-on experience and craft visits. So, our teams can appreciate the quality products we serve.
- We also offer all employees across the business access to apprenticeship opportunities and development programmes, allowing individuals to grow and further their careers.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we know that you are the reason behind our site and company successes, and we want to recognise this with competitive pay packages and benefits. In return, all we ask is that you give your best and uphold the Oakman Group core values.
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are happy to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- You are thorough with a good eye for detail
- You are a Team Player
- You are ready to learn and give it your all
Whilst experience is always welcome, it is not required as we will provide you with all the training you need.
If this sounds like you, then apply today!
* All salaries and hourly rates are in line with National Minimum Wage;
16- 20 year olds – £7.50+, 21-22 year olds – £9.18+, 23+ year olds – £9.50+, also dependent on experience.