Remote Electrical Estimator
Acara Solutions is looking for a Remote Electrical Estimator for our client located in Orlando, FL
- Candidate would put together pricing based on scope of work. Candidate will be using a built-in database to conduct work
- Analyzes conceptual or detailed job designs, specifications, and drawings to provide cost estimates for material and labor to be sourced externally for building automation, fire safety, and security electrical installation.
- Assists with development of RFPs and either leads or assists in negotiations to establish subcontractor pricing.
- Collaborates with procurement, sales, engineering and at times with customers to understand or develop the scope of work that will be awarded.
- An initial onsite meeting with the Tyndall team should be expected, as well as infrequent site visits if necessary to clarify and solidify scope understanding.
- These clarifications and solidifications of scope will be passed along to the subcontractors to ensure appropriate understanding of the job to be performed.
- Assist in maintaining client's databases that include market labor and material cost factors and that shall permit a high level of estimate efficiency.
- Those databases provide a level of detail that is critical to support successful negotiations with subcontractors.
- Provide on-site electrical estimation training to subcontractors.
- Additionally, training to sales and operations personnel along with insights into current labor trends and material costs will also be provided.
Pay and Benefits:
- The Salary for this position is $50.00 per hour (Max Pay rate).
* Minimum of 5 years of estimating experience in the electrical installation industry, including significant experience estimating labor and material for building automation, fire safety, or security system controls.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is a plus.
* Good financial analysis skills in determining risk.
* Good verbal and written communication skills for contacts with inter and intra departmental personnel, as well as management.
* Strong computer skills are required, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
* Cross functional/organizational team management and facilitation skills (internal and external).
* Demonstrated understanding cost drivers associated to electrical installation
* Demonstrated data and financial analysis capability
* Demonstrated self-starter
* Demonstrated knowledge of negotiation skills
* Demonstrated value engineering experience
* Demonstrated ability to speak in front of groups
* Training experience a plus
* Solid project management and continuous improvement skills required
* Experience using Accubid, or other comparable estimating software systems
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated value engineering experience.
- Training experience.
- Experience using Accubid, or other comparable estimating software systems.
- Good financial analysis skills in determining risk.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for contacts with inter and intra departmental personnel, as well as management.
- Good computer skills are needed, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Cross functional/organizational team management and facilitation skills (internal and external).
- Demonstrated understanding cost drivers associated to electrical installation.
- Demonstrated data and financial analysis capability.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- Demonstrated knowledge of negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to speak in front of groups.
- Solid project management and continuous improvement skills needed.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and be familiar with state and municipal codes.
- Upon offer of employment, the individual will be subject to a background check and a drug screen.
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.
Remote Engineering – Technical Writer – Nebraska
Remote General Radiologist -Weeklong Flex – Ohio
Remote General Radiologist -Weeklong Flex – Remote
REMOTE Mid- to Senior Level Venture Capital Finance Associate Attorney – Philadelphia, PA
Remote or Office Based (AZ, CA, IL, TX, or WI) — Specialist, Talent Acquisition & Employee Engagement – OPEN – Wisconsin