(Remote) Claims Representative – Liability
Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do, and we start by taking care of you, our valued colleague. A career at Sedgwick means experiencing our culture of caring. It means having flexibility and time for all the things that are important to you. It’s an opportunity to do something meaningful, each and every day. It’s having support for your mental, physical, financial and professional needs. It means sharpening your skills and growing your career. And it means working in an environment that celebrates diversity and is fair and inclusive.
A career at Sedgwick is where passion meets purpose to make a positive impact on the world through the people and organizations we serve. If you are someone who is driven to make a difference, who enjoys a challenge and above all, if you’re someone who cares, there’s a place for you here. Join us and contribute to Sedgwick being a great place to work.
Great Place to Work®
Most Loved Workplace®
Forbes Best-in-State Employer
(Remote) Claims Representative – Liability
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To process low level general liability claims to determine benefits due; to ensure ongoing adjudication of claims within company standards and industry best practices; and to identify subrogation of claims and negotiate settlements with general supervision.
Flexible work schedule
Referral incentive program
Opportunity to work from home
Internal career progression and development
Benefits eligibility and 401(k) with company match day 1
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes low level general liability claims by gathering information to determine liability exposure; assigns reserve values to claims, making claims payments as necessary, and settling claims up to designated authority level.
- Develops and coordinates low level general liability claims' action plans to resolution, return-to-work efforts, and approves claim payments.
- Approves and processes assigned claims, determines benefits due, and administers action plan pursuant to the claim or client contract.
- Administers subrogation of claims and negotiates settlements.
- Communicates claim action with claimant and client.
- Ensures claim files are properly documented and claims coding is correct.
- May process low-level lifetime medical and/or defined period medical claims which include state and physician filings and decisions on appropriate treatments recommended by utilization review.
- Maintains professional client relationships.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
Two (2) years of claims management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience or successful completion of Claims Representative training required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Developing knowledge of regulations, offsets and deductions, disability duration, medical management practices and Social Security and Medicare application procedure as applicable to line of business
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Service Expectations
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Mental:Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Physical:Computer keyboarding, travel as required
Auditory/Visual:Hearing, vision and talking
NOTE: Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time. #LI-Remote
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, consider applying for it anyway! Sedgwick is building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and recognizes that each person possesses a unique combination of skills, knowledge, and experience. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
(Senior) Enterprise Account Executive – US (m/f/d) – Remote
[Pharma] REMOTE Regulatory Affairs Consultant, Strategy – South San Francisco, CA
$3,000/shift – Body Imaging Locum Opportunity in Indianapolis, IN (on-site/remote) – Indianapolis, IN
$3,000/shift – General Diagnostic Locum Opportunity – Indianapolis, IN (on-site/remote) – Indianapolis, IN
$3,000/shift – Pediatric Radiology Locum Opportunity in Indianapolis, IN (on-site/remote) – Indianapolis, IN