James Fisher and Sons plc.
Who we are:
JFD is the world leading underwater capability provider, serving the commercial and defence markets with innovative diving, submarine and hyperbaric rescue, technical solutions and services.
Operating worldwide, the company is the world’s leading provider of submarine rescue capability and an established provider of submarine escape training. The company is at the forefront of Hyperbaric Rescue, along with being the leading supplier of commercial and defence diving equipment and saturation diving systems to the commercial industry.
About the role:
Enables JFD to deliver products, projects and services to an acceptable level of quality to customer requirements, and relevant standards.
The Quality Engineer will ensure that JFD’s products and services comply with legislation, company standards, and customer requirements.
Ensure that JFD’s QMS operates in accordance with company process and standards we subscribe to such as ISO 9001.
The costs and benefits of HSEQ are recovered from the customer.
To provide effective Quality Engineering support for JFD projects, production and services.
Key Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and oversee Quality Plans/ ITPs along with specific quality procedures.
- Manage project specific ISO 9001 certifications where required.
- Monitor subcontractor quality and safety plans and regularly visit project subcontractors and monitor performance, witness tests etc.
- Collect and evaluate quality performance metrics on process.
- Work with HSEQ department to identify and manage quality team resource requests to project/production, such as Inspection, Certification, Deployments etc.
- Develop quality work packages.
- Create corrective action plans to address quality deficiencies.
- Lead root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issues through corrective action process.
- Regularly communicate with Project, HSEQ, Procurement, Engineering, Products and Production to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
- Participate in planning meetings.
- Carry out inspections, and test witness.
- Facilitate Class survey inspections.
In addition, you are to work with ISA (Independent Safety Advisor) and wider HSEQ department to develop safety case as part of JFD’s duty of care on projects.
Investigate product quality incidents and customer complaints and ensure corrective action follow up and disseminate quality lessons learned to relevant stakeholders in organisation.
Conduct quality engineering analysis and reporting and carry out internal audits and assist Quality Management in other HSEQ activities as required.
You will also be required to attend all required quality meetings as required and submit all quality reports and data in a timely manner and liaise with the relevant stakeholders.
What do you need?
You will need excellent time Management skills and be organised when planning & work scheduling and be be strong in areas such as prioritisation, delegation, communication and task completion.
A relevant higher qualification in Quality Engineering/ Quality Management in role or similar engineering or manufacturing qualification will give you the basis to enable you to tackle the responsibilities with this role.
- Experience in Quality Assurance experience or in an engineering or manufacturing related industry.
- The ability to interpret mechanical and /or electrical drawings and to conduct Quality investigations.
- Experienced in the use of Root Cause Analysis tools would be desirable along with technical experience in marine engineering/diving.
- Experience with Defence/ Military contracts would also be a distinct advantage.
- Be fully conversant and up to date with all aspects of QA standards and practices and an understanding of MRP Systems.
- Understanding and experience of Quality Management Software systems such as Q Pulse.
- Expert in ISO 9001.
- Internal quality auditor qualification and experience. Or working toward the qualification.
- Excellent analytical skills including knowledge of MS Office programmes (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Personal communication skills and ability to interact at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to work on your own and to specified timescales and project plans.
*You will need to be a UK resident and be able to pass a security check.
Working for us:
We offer a number of benefits including Group Personal Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, free fruit in the office and an early finish on Fridays.
James Fisher is proud to be a Disability Confident employer, enabling us to attract and retain a wider pool of talent, as we recognise that our success depends on our talented and diverse workforce.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We strive to ensure that we enable employees with disabilities to reach their potential (including anyone who becomes disabled whilst employed with James Fisher), ensuring that their training, career development and promotion needs are met by providing reasonable adjustments, and they're treated fairly. For more information Click here
JFD is proud to be part of James Fisher and Sons plc, who has partnered with the Career Transition Partnership, the official provider of Armed Forces resettlement for over 20 years.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive for our vacancies, on occasion applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.