Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, PMHNP
Side By Side
Side by Side is a Joint Commission accredited mental and behavioral health community based organization serving youth and family members in four counties – Marin, Alameda, Sonoma, and Napa with and a staff of over 120 clinicians and professionals. We believe in investing in our team with training, continuing education and clinical supervision and provide a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
The Psychiatrist or Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP) is responsible for service integration and quality of psychiatric services delivered to clients of Side by Side Psychiatrist /PNP serves as the agency’s Infection Control Officer and a member of the Health & Safety Committee. PNP oversees agency-wide medication management.
- Implementation of quality, comprehensive, individualized, strengths-based, and culturally competent psychiatric treatment and medication management in the community.
- Monitor and evaluate medication services across the agency.
- Maintain systems that ensure accountability in all areas regarding service quality.
- Responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures which track relevant documentation, adherence to regulatory and contractual requirements, and billing productivity.
- Participate in intake and discharge process.
- Responsible for assuring timely submission of Medi-Cal progress notes and Assessments.
- Obtain and complete necessary clinical records/documents within assigned time frames.
- Ensure culturally sensitive and relevant treatment.
- Collaborate weekly with Director of Mental Health Services.
- Consult with a licensed Doctor regularly and as needed for patient care
- Participate in program outreach.
- Participate in program development.
- Participate in Clinical Treatment Team meetings weekly
- Participate on the Health and Safety Committee and attend bi-monthly meetings.
- Ability to conduct psychiatric assessments and make diagnoses;
- Ability to prescribe psychotropic medications as needed, monitor efficacy, monitor medication side effects, and document progress.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plan;
- Knowledge of the mental health system for Transition Age Youth (TAY). Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Proficiency in use of electronic health record system
- Successful completion of a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner specialty program accredited by the Board of Registered Nursing
- Current, unrestricted NP license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Possession of Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Controlled Substance Registration Certificate for Schedule II-V controlled substances.
- Current American Heart Association CPR certification
- Fingerprint clearance from California DOJ, FBI, and any other required entity, such as Community Care Licensing.
- A valid California driver's license, personal automobile for use on the job, insurable by SBS’ insurance policy based on DMV record and personal vehicle insurance.
About Side by Side
Join us at Side by Side, to walk with young people impacted by adversity on their individual journeys to heal from trauma, restore resilience, and embrace their own potential. From therapeutic housing to substance abuse treatment, we provide comprehensive services that honor the young person’s unique needs and strengths to prevent the escalation of dangerous conditions and behaviors and set them on a positive path.
Side by Side is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, Vietnam era or other veteran status.