Project Quality Advisor
What is the role?
Subsea7are looking for a Project Quality Advisor to work within the UK & Global IRM business unit on a full-time, permanent basis in our Westhill, Aberdeenshire office.
The Project Quality Advisor will be responsible for supporting Project Teams in the delivery of quality assurance and quality control activities to Company and Contract requirements.
What will your responsibilities involve?
- Provide appropriate levels of proactive QA and QC support to Project service functions with project planning, procurement, equipment preparation, mobilisation and service delivery operations
- Help identify and deliver improvement initiatives to drive predictable performance
- Schedule and conduct internal and external audits and verifications in compliance with Company and Contractual requirements
- Provide quality input to the Project CTR (cost time resources) process by evaluation of and responses to Client requirements.
- Create, maintain, and update QC Inspection Budgets
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and agree the appropriate required level of Inspection and Surveillance for all supplier and subcontractor activities
- Ensure that third party inspectors are utilised and managed in accordance with supply chain and approval processes to ensure adequate levels of surveillance resources are identified for current and future work scopes
- Actively support incident investigations and case management as per the Subsea7 global requirements and recognised best practice
- Working with suppliers and the Project Team, set external and internal control of work requirements for Client review and implement agreed Inspection and Test Plans for project specific products and services as required
- Continually review and updatethe Project Quality Plan, and supplier and subcontractor requirements in line with Contract
- Responsible for ensuring where appropriate, all engineering and procurement documents are adequately endorsed with quality requirements
- Report Company quality management performance and key performance indicators to the Client in accordance with the Contract
- Provide QA support to supply chain management in respect of supplier and subcontractor assessment, and performance monitoring
- Provide QA support to project risk and opportunity management
- Support Business Improvement activities and initiatives within UK & Global IRM
- Support regional HSEQ Function to ensure compliance with Company's Business Management System, policies, process and procedures
- Utilise the company Synergi HSEQ Reporting System to report, review and improve business practices and procedures and minimise cost of loss to the business.
- Utilise the knowledge management tools available to assist UK & Global IRM regions to capitalise from Lessons Learned and to perform in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Provide relevant training on Company Business Management Systems where required
- Support tendering activities for future projects as required
What are we looking for?
- Broad understanding of subsea products and operations advantageous
- Ideally have a technical background and experience in a relevant engineering or QA/QC role
- Ideally experience working within the subsea offshore or related industry, some of which must be in a dedicated Quality position
- A broad depth of Quality Management System knowledge and experience
- Good level of general education, preferably support by a diploma/degree/or other suitable qualification in Engineering or Quality Management
- Be able to generate, maintain and review quality plans and inspection and test plans
- Have a proven track record of working with suppliers of goods and services to ensure delivery of such to agreed technical and legislative requirements
- Have commercial awareness of contractual requirements
- A good standard of budgetary management
- A good standard of I.T. literacy, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrable ability to lead incident investigations and drive case management in line with good practice principles
- Flexible approach to business related travel is essential
- The position will require the job holder to interact with people at various levels within the Company and externally with supplier and Client representatives. It is therefore essential that the job holder be in possession of excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Must be conscientious in execution of work, flexible in approach to work and be able to accept changing priorities
- The position calls for a self-motivated individual who has the proven ability to work efficiently and effectively as part of the project team and as an individual with other functions and locations within UK & Global IRM and the Company.
- The job holder must also have a desire to provide a high level of Customer Service both internally to Company and to prospective and existing clients
What is in it for you?
- Career Development – As well as being able to offer a wide variety of projects to work on we have a dedicated personal development scheme and are committed to developing our people to allow them to progress their career through the organisation
- A Sustainable Future – As the energy sector continues to evolve, Subsea7 are playing a proactive role in developing emerging energy markets. These markets include decarbonising offshore oil and gas, floating wind, carbon capture and storage, hydrogen and decarbonising our own operations
- Flexible working – We offer a flexible working environment with hybrid working options available
- Benefits – We pride ourselves in offering you and your loved ones a wide range of world-class core and flexible benefits, which focus on supporting you and your family’s financial, emotional and physical wellbeing
Our vision is to make possiblethe global delivery of offshore energy for today and tomorrow.
Subsea7’s offshore operations span five decades, successfully completing over 1000 projects. Working in all water depths across all energy hubs, our engineering expertise, alliances and specialist technologies enable us to engage early so that our multi-disciplinary teams can design and deliver the solutions that our clients want.
Our values are what guide usevery day: safety, integrity, performance, collaboration, sustainability and innovation.
We have a strong track record of safe and reliable delivery. Our reputation as a collaborative service provider in long-lasting client relationships makes us one of the most trusted contractors in our market which includes oil and gas and renewable energy. By joining Subsea7, you become part of a team who ‘Make the Journey Possible’.