Project Manager SIPP
With over 1500 across 9 UK offices, we are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance.
The SIPP Business Area acts as Operator and Administrator providing self-invested personal pension services to institutional clients, financial advisers, and ultimately retail customers. Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients and to achieve this service we need talented and enthusiastic people who positively embrace challenges to transform our products into fully digital SIPP solutions. IT is a key part of our success, and we invest heavily in cutting-edge technology to develop our software in-house. We have an ambitious 5-year growth plan in SIPP which capitalises on our strong IT capability, our excellent technical experience, and our dedication to great customer outcomes. The need for change is driven by strategic and tactical business initiatives normally aimed at enhancing products and services, improving customer journeys, increasing efficiency, reducing risk, and ensuring strict regulatory compliance.
The SIPP Business Area continually delivers new product features and service improvements by adapting our internal processes and developing our IT platforms. The SIPP Project Manager will be responsible for running multiple SIPP-specific development projects, which will be mostly client facing.
The role is located at our Cheltenham office with attractive hybrid home-working and flexibility, where you can share your time between your home and the office.
- Supporting the development of business cases, ensuring they contain the information needed by the project team and executive boards to understand and consider their merits, then enable an efficient project initiation process.
- Establishing project objectives, success criteria, scope, priorities, approach to delivery, estimating resources, costs and timescales, roles and responsibilities and governance structure – all though collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels
- Developing delivery plans for projects
- Leading and motivating project teams, which may consist of secondments, shared resource, workstream leads, Project Managers, Business Analysts, SMEs, external contractors and consultants
- Identifying, managing and resolving project risks, issues and dependencies, escalating as appropriate
- Identifying potential material changes to projects and managing these through a controlled change management process to ensure projects remain commercially and strategically viable and in line with the desired outcomes, target benefits realisation and stakeholder expectations.
- Continuously monitoring progress against delivery plans and regularly reporting and presenting progress and status to executive stakeholders/steering committees and management committees.
- Obtaining formal decisions from the relevant stakeholders and committees to proceed with key project events or authorise material changes to projects.
- Managing large project budgets, tracking and reporting spend and swiftly addressing any financial risks or issues.
- Maintaining regular communications with project stakeholders, presenting progress reports and continuously managing expectations.
- Managing clients and any other external suppliers involved in the projects
- Working closely with stakeholders to develop then execute comprehensive business readiness plans that safely and efficiently roll out complex changes
- Closing projects in a controlled way, at the appropriate time
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
- Support, Implement and Maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance to Barnett Waddingham’s Information Security Policy
The above is intended to describe the general nature and responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities of employees in this role.
- A relevant degree or Project Management qualification, together with extensive experience of delivering multiple projects
- Experience of delivering large and complex projects in a highly regulated and demanding environment, preferably within financial services / professional services, is an advantage
- Comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of change management concepts and Agile development methodologies
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.
- Excellent leadership skills, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and clients and inspire individuals and teams to deliver high quality solutions and outcomes in a high pressure environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including technical writing, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand, influence and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels and work closely with them to shape and deliver quality solutions
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to proactively prioritise, delegate, manage multiple tasks and maintain effectiveness within a rapidly changing environment
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and up to 30 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment and you contribute a minimum of 1%
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies