James Fisher and Sons plc.
Part-time, 24.75 hours per week.
Hybrid Working – Inchinnan Office and Home
JFD is the world leading underwater capability provider, serving the commercial and defence markets with innovative diving, submarine and hyperbaric rescue, technical solutions and services.
As Project Accountant you will be responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of project actual and forecast financial performance, in order to assist with the delivery of project and customer requirements in a cost-effective manner. You will ensure there is robust challenge of actual and forecast costs to drive continuous cost improvement and ensure cost management best practices are applied consistently across all projects to proactively identify cost variances, risk areas and mitigations to Project Managers.
- Preparation of project baseline budget and EAC reforecasts in collaboration with the Project Team
- Perform Value of Work Done (VOWD) assessments through project life, compare to planned progress, identify and mitigate slippage and escalate issues to management
- Providing forecast project revenue and margin information for quarterly forecasts and annual budget process
- Conduct cost variance analysis and sensitivity analysis and identify opportunities, risks and mitigations where available to the project manager
- Ensure costs are correctly allocated to cost accounts/work orders, review correct coding of requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, invoices, variations, reconciling costs to the General Ledger and investigating variances
- Prepare regular internal and external project reports for management and customers respectively
- Collaborate in the preparation of variation order requests / claims and relevant follow-up, assisting the Project Manager in the evaluation of changes as required
- Facilitate and participate in lessons learnt sessions on project delivery and feedback to the responsible functions to ensure these are captured and acted upon to improve future project delivery
- Assist project planning define and maintain detailed Work Breakdown Structures
- Other relevant duties/task as assigned by Senior Project Accountant
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
We are ideally looking for individuals with a degree in Accounting, Finance or Engineering and who also hold ICAS/ACCA/CIMA qualifications. You must have proven experience in a similar role, ideally within an industry such as Oil & Gas, Engineering or Manufacturing. You must be an advanced user of Microsoft Excel and have previous experience of ERP systems (e.g Glovia, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent analytical and communication skills as well as the ability to priories tasks. You should have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage your own time.
If this sounds like the next step in your career, click ‘Apply’ now.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Please note this role may require UK Security Clearance (SC).