Production Unit Manager
At Britvic, we’re on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted drinks company. As one of the UK’s leading players in the FMCG market we pride ourselves on setting high standards, being courageous and pushing ourselves to think outside the bottle.
In the UK we employ over 1,800 people and have 3 factories, 3 office locations and a national distribution centre. Over the last few years, we have installed 10 new production lines, 3 new warehouses, a combined heat and power plant (CHP), as well as providing infrastructure for further expansion.
- Responsible for the safety, quality, performance, and leadership of the manufacturing area of responsibility. To adhere to standards and industry best practice that delivers customer satisfaction and company compliance in a safe environment.
- Responsible for the safety, quality, performance, and leadership of the manufacturing function within the area.
- To adhere to clearly defined standards that deliver customer satisfaction in a safe environment.
- An essential part of the role is the management and leadership of Britvic processes and systems, delivery of the production plan and the continuous improvement the area.
- Performance management, people development and team engagement are key parts of the role.
- Manage the area in such a way that ensures the balanced scorecard of H&S, Quality, People, delivery & Cost management is satisfied.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To lead and deliver the site plans for plant, people and processes, within the context of the overall Manufacturing strategy and aligning the delivery requirements of the GB&I operations.
- To lead area shift teams to deliver optimum use of resources, that ensure the site delivers safety, Quality, productivity, cost, service and objectives in an environment of high morale and engagement.
- Contribute to the development of the factory strategy to support achievement of the company 20/20 vision.
- Develop and manage area budget with full responsibility for the budget adherence..
- Ensure control of manpower to enable the production plan KPI’s are met.
- Define and deliver a culture of Operational excellence.
- Drive zero loss manufacturing principles consistently across site
- Effectively lead area/site communications
- Ensure consistent quality standards by applying approved manufacturing and quality procedures.
- Work closely with other Britvic functions and contractors to ensure effective introduction of new products and processes.
- Coach the Engineering team and operation shift teams in the Root Cause analysis methodology to deliver the true 100 year fix.
- Develop and lead the specific areas “Inspiring place to be” plan
- Accountable for safety across the site shift operation, providing appropriate guidance, leadership, accountability and empowerment to your team to create a culture of Safety.
- Effective implementation of quality plans, standard operating procedures to deliver right first time and consumer complaint reduction
- Development and delivery of area capital budget
- Ownership of area planned/preventative maintenance regime
- Create the training and development plan, to build your people’s capability and enable a flexible cost effective working model
- Manage effective employee relations and Union relationships where required
As our Production Unit Manager you will need to have the following skills and experience
- Proven operational experience in a FMCG environment or similar high volume automated environment is desirable
- Strong people leadership skills and ability to integrate differing functional demands is essential
- Proven people management skills with ability to flex styles to differing individual needs is essential
- Sound knowledge of manufacturing and HSE process and legislation is desirable
- Computer skills required, SAP essential
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organisation
- Experience of managing significant budgets and material value throughput is highly desirable
- Strong Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Working knowledge of people development ,management and employment legislation
- Experience of capital investment project delivery
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to really grow your career and drive change and efficiencies within the manufacturing arena.
We believe we are stronger together and that’s why we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. We know that by building a truly inclusive environment where everyone feels celebrated, safe and respected – diversity and wellbeing will naturally thrive.