Premier Foods Group Limited
A great British food company
Premier Foods is one of Britain’s biggest listed food companies, employing over 4,000 colleagues at 15 manufacturing sites and offices up and down the country.
Many of our brands have been part of UK life for more than a century and you’ll find them in 94% of British households.
At Premier foods we believe in inclusion, authenticity and individuality. We aim to ensure all existing and future colleagues are given equitable opportunities and are respected, valued and encouraged to bring their true authentic selves to work no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love or what they believe in. Our culture is one where everyone is welcome.
12 months Fixed term Production Operator Roles
Salary after training: £27,945 p.a. for weekend day shift / £30,159 p.a. for weekend night shift
About the role:
Based – Ashford
Fixed Term Weekend Shifts
Starting salary – £24,122 p.a. for weekend day shifts and 26,090 for weekend nights
(Leading to £27,945 p.a. for days or £30,159 p.a. for nights after training programme)
Hours of work :
12 hr Sat and 12 hr Sun (6am to 6pm) and 7.5 hr shift in the week on days (flexible)
12 hr Sat and 12 hr Sun (6pm to 6am) and 7.5 hr shift in the week on nights (flexible)
- Operating of production equipment in adherence to all company policies and procedures
- Ensure the successful running of the production line / process in order to meet targets
- Ensure effective shift handover is conducted with the oncoming shift
- Actively seek ways to improve performance
- Compliance to all standards practised throughout the site
- Cleaning and maintaining work areas and machinery to company and external standards
- Completion of all administration required by the company to adhere to internal, legal and accreditation purposes.
- Preservation of traceability throughout processing & packing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and managers.
- Adhere to company stated policies and procedures relating to job and general contact around site.
- Attend required training to develop relevant knowledge & skills.
- 25 days holiday, Employer pension scheme up to 7.5%
- Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational Health and onsite Physiotherapy
- Private medical insurance
- Company Shop, Online discounts with many retailers
- Cycle to work scheme and Sharesave Scheme
- Free on-site parking
This role requires a motivated individual who is reliable, meticulous and works well within a team environment. A practical attitude for problem solving, and attention to detail is absolutely essential. Previous experience in food production is not essential, but some experience of working with machinery would be viewed preferentially. Your attitude, agility and motivation are the most important attributes for this position.