Archers Recruitment Ltd
This position will report to the Managing Director but will mostly be expected to work independently with other staff members. The role is primarily to manage the workflow, paperwork, logistics and more general aspects of the production environment in small optical fibre cable and polymer processing factory, currently employing less than 10 shop floor staff members. The role and small company environment requires a flexible hands-on approach and willingness to work with long standing and experienced members of staff in a constructive framework to enable the company to meet its customer driven requirements. The production is mostly characterised by a relatively small number of large customer project deliveries throughout the year.
Typically, this role will require (but not be limited to) the activities listed below:
· Planning and execution of production orders via the Production Planner database system
· Assisted by the shopfloor manager, managing the activities of shopfloor personnel (work, overtime, holidays etc.)
· Managing the materials required for production (e.g. progressing PO's/deliveries, stock control etc.) to meet promised delivery dates.
· Generating and/or issuing the required manufacturing documentation.
· Working with the Sales Manager to provide requested or best lead times for new quotations
· Product test data entry, test report / packing list generation and product/package labelling.
· Manufacturing, shipment and incoming delivery record keeping.
· Arranging UK deliveries and assisting the Sales Manager if required when international shipments are necessary.
· Maintaining the existing general plant and building services (non-maintenance – i.e. security, waste, cleaning etc.)
· Liaising as required with the Technical Service Engineer with regard to product design, process control, equipment maintenance and non-conforming product issues.
· Managing appraisal, pastoral issues and disciplinary action (if required) for shopfloor personnel .
· Managing, documenting & planning training of shopfloor personnel.
· Ensuring production activities are in line with the company ISO9001:2015 procedures.
· Ensuring health and safety related requirements are adhered to by shopfloor personnel.
· To seek continuous improvement in the production environment.
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types: