James Fisher and Sons plc.
Full Time, Permanent
Oldmeldrum, St Helens or Great Yarmouth
Responsible for development in innovation of products and services that keep ScanTech at the forefront of the Energy Services Sector and ahead of our competition. The Product Engineer will lead customer technical communications, represent the business in the UK and globally, as well as participating the internal business communications. This is an exciting opportunity for a technically minded individual who strives on problem solving and developing client relationships.
- You will engage & collaborate directly with our customer’s product champions / engineering teams to align with the energy transition and distinguish where ScanTech should focus on to differentiate our value proposition profitably and sustainably.
- Apply a collaborative engineering approach with ScanTech AS to share best practices and design ideas to the benefit of both subsidiaries, whilst leveraging the expertise and knowledge of other James Fisher Group companies to support the Implementation of innovation initiatives and innovative products.
- Analyze feasibility, cost, and return on investment for product ideas.
- Deliver new or enhanced/modified products to market generating increased profit (achieve or exceed budgeted ROCI)
- Responsible for overseeing the product design process by adhering to our 4-stage gate process:
- Identify possible solutions & conduct feasibility
- Engineer solution & conduct FEED studies
- Approach customer & proof concept
- Launch solution & expand market
- Perform constant market analysis of competing products to determine and establish customer needs and requirements.
- Collaborate with ScanTech business development and engineering teams to seek out product and service improvement opportunities in terms of existing and upcoming projects
- Produce & submit Capital expenditure requests for all new & enhanced products
- Attend networking events to build industry relations, identify technology innovation and business opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Offshore operational experience and portfolio of successful past projects
- Engineering qualification in the relevant technical discipline
- Self motivated and individual with flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Strong knowledge of the industry and market trends
- Creative and passionate about creating solutions to customer problems
- Proficient in working with computers and software such as Microsoft office, CRM system, PowerPoint presentations
Along with the technical aptitude you will be a great communicator who is able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and identify their needs. You will be great in networking and excited to travel and visit our customers globally when required.
ScanTech Offshore Ltd provide an impressive range of rental equipment including air compressors, steam generators and rig cooling services, as well as designing, installing and commissioning bespoke heat suppression safety systems.
Our remit extends to the provision of qualified and competent personnel for the operating, servicing and maintenance of all rental equipment, affording clients the highest standards of quality and safety for operations. ScanTech Offshore products are delivered worldwide from our key locations in the UK (Aberdeen and Great Yarmouth) and Western Australia (Perth).
As a market leader in the field of well test support, we are committed to providing enhanced value to our customers by tailoring our specialist skills and engineering capabilities to their precise requirements. ScanTech Offshore is a pioneer in designing innovative and technical solutions that meet or exceed regulatory, quality and safety standards.
James Fisher and Sons plc and all subsidiary businesses are committed to creating a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. For further information on the James Fisher group please visit our website.