Based at Bradgate Bakery (LE4) Monday to Friday 8:30am – 5pm (with flexibility required)
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
Working for Bradgate Bakery, part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4thgeneration family business,we offer competitive benefits to all our colleagues including:
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
- Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as Process Technologist. As a Process Technologist, your primary role will be to follow the critical path and effectively launch NPD or EPD products safely, legally and to the agreed quality standard.
- Operate in line with critical path for NPD, ensuring all products are launched on time
- Organise and carry out all bakery trials on new products ensuring that all aspects of the product are acceptable and can be manufactured cost effectively.
- Ensure all microbiological, nutritional and organoleptic information are gathered through the trial process.
- Ensure food safety, legality and quality standards are met for all new products
- Provide guidance to all relevant departments when new products are developed
- Ensure all new raw materials are assessed appropriately and assessed against the current HACCP plan, raising any concerns
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success.
- Degree in Food Science or equivalent is desirable. However, an understanding of food safety and basic food manufacturing processes is essential.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage time well.
- The ability to demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, showing evidence of resolving issues and applying effective solutions.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- The ability and willingness to work flexibly within a 24/7 food manufacturing operation, working night shifts / early starts / evenings as required.
Bradgate Bakery produces a wide range of quality chilled and ambient foods that are enjoyed by millions of people throughout the UK every day. We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative