Private Client Head of Department
Bell & Buxton
Based in Sheffield City Centre
Full time – 7 Hours per day, with 1-hour lunch
We are looking for a Private Client Solicitor (wills, trusts, probate/elderly client, LPA’s, COP, tax) to become the Head of Department to our thriving award-winning Private Client Team in a busy city centre firm.
The role requires that the successful candidate to take over as head of the Department and its existing files as well as building their own workload and supervising the staff within the team. Career progression and potential partnership is also available within the firm.
Marketing and business building is an essential part of this position as department head. There will be a mixed and variety case load including wills, lasting powers of attorney, wealth planning/protection, probate, intestate administration, as well as trusts and generally elderly client matters. They will be expected to meet with clients (whether in person or remotely),take instructions and advise on a range of matters, as well as supervising the Paralegal staff within the department working on the departments head’s files as well as their own caseloads.
We are looking for:
– Good working knowledge and experience of Wills, probate, trusts and elderly client practice;
– Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel;
– Experience preparing Estate or Trust Accounts and distribution of the same;
– Good English, grammar and spelling;
– Experience of making all the relevant applications (Grant or Registration etc…);
– Numerical skills;
– Excellent communication skills – experience in dealing with clients via telephone and face-to-face is essential;
– Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
– Ability to work effectively within a team as well as independently; and
– Ability to work under pressure as and when required (this may involve some flexibility in working hours).
Experience of supervising staff is desirable, as is knowledge and experience of our case management system, Partner for Windows, however training will be provided. We would encourage the successful candidate to become a member of SFE and become a STEP qualified practitioner.
Competitive rates and benefits package, we are a friendly family orientated practice and employer.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] and please put in the subject heading ‘Head of Private Client Application’.