PDI / Service Technician
The Solution Automotive Ltd
Stockport, Greater Manchester
PDI/Service Technician – Stockport
Basic – 32k
OTE – 38k (uncapped with a 3-month bonus guarantee upon joining)
Mon – Fri – 8.30am – 5.00pm
Sat – 8.30am – 12.30pm (1 in 3)
We have a very good opportunity for a PDI/Service Technician to join our clients well respected prestigious dealership in the Stockport area. Are you a Service Technician/Technician who has developed a technical skill set within a franchised dealer or independent garage environment and would like to work for one of the largest automotive groups in the UK?
The role will involve;
- Utilising your mechanical knowledge to carry out repairs and maintenance on customer vehicles, including clutch replacement and cam belt replacement
- Effectively and productively service and maintain customer vehicles from brake pads and tyres to oil and filter checks
- Complete minor electrical work as and when required
- Meet and discuss the vehicle and repairs needed with the customer when necessary
- Mentor apprentices and support less experienced team members
- Ability to complete a Vehicle Health Check (VHC) ensuring that the (VHC) video completion meets target and exceeds all Vehicle (VHC) KPIs
The successful person will have:
- Technical knowledge to allow you to confidently and safely carry out repairs and maintenance of customer vehicles
- Demonstrate capability and confidence in using equipment within the workshop
- Experience within a franchise dealer or independent garage working to the highest quality standards
- Experience of working to productivity targets
- NVQ level 3 trained with work experience in a franchised dealer or independent garage
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay after 6 months service
- Company pension scheme
- CBS car scheme
- A wide variety of discounts across different platforms
- Superb career development programme
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you, please apply below and we will be in touch to discuss your application.
Please ensure your CV is up to date with relevant contact details, including address.
Who are you applying to?
The Solution Automotive Recruitment have been placing candidates into the UK Motor Trade since 1999. We have a fantastic relationship with all our clients and candidates across the country, many very long standing relationships. If you are skilled and experienced Automotive candidate, we want to hear from you and rest assured, you'll be dealing with a person, not just a consultant! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we get, we can only respond to the candidates who match the criteria set for this vacancy. We will retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. We will NEVER send your CV anywhere without your permission.
Key positons; Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Business Manager, Service Advisor, Parts Advisor, Technician, Mechanic, Master Technician, Workshop Controller, Service Manager, After Sales Manager, Dealer Principal, General Manager.
Technician, Mechanic, NVQ 3, Own Tools,