A great opportunity for an experienced Payroll Administrator to grow their career in our friendly payroll and wider HR team here at the University of Surrey.
We value, empower and support every member of staff to get the best out of your unique talents, so you’ll be rewarded with a generous salary, 32 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays, industry leading pension contribution of 21%, access to world class leisure facilities, a range of travel schemes, family-friendly benefits including our on-site workplace Nursery, work from home opportunities and a unique and vibrant working environment on-campus.
You will join our payroll team who, on a monthly basis, process the University and subsidiary payrolls for approximately 7,000 employees and workers. Key areas of the role are to process and run the monthly payrolls from start to finish, maintain employee records, respond to requests and enquiries, and review and process global mobility cases.
Your CV should demonstrate significant experience of high-volume payroll, ideally upward of 5,000 employees, you will have knowledge of general payroll practices, procedures, operations and legislation and exposure to global mobility payroll will be a real advantage.
Other responsibilities include:
- Process and run the monthly payrolls from start to finish using the university systems to produce accurate and timely payments to staff including maintaining employee records so that accurate data is recorded
- Knowledge of general payroll practices, procedures, operations and legislation
- Handling requests from employees, external agencies and departments to help and resolve their enquiries
- Communicate and prioritise workloads effectively with colleagues to meet deadlines
- Review and process global mobility cases in a timely and prompt manner in accordance with University policies
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleagues in HR Services team and the wider university to ensure a strong working collaboration
What’s in it for you?
We think Surrey is an amazing place to work, and we are carefully crafting a dynamic, flexible, and fun place to work and thrive.
Our campus is a beautiful, leafy environment with carefully designed gardens, vibrant green playing fields, and a picturesque lake. With the buzz of student life and superb working facilities, the University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research in an inspiring, innovative and diverse environment.
Alongside our gorgeous campus setting, collegiate on-site atmosphere and plentiful development opportunities, we also offer:
- Competitive Salary from £28,762 to £33,314
- Annual Incremental Pay Rise
- Market leading Pension up to 30% (21% employer, 9% employee)
- Up to 40 DAYS Holiday: 25 Days annual leave + 7 University Days + Bank Holidays
- Travel & Family benefits including subsidised rail fare, cycle to work scheme and on-site childcare
- Student discount eligibility
- Access to world-class leisure facilities at discounted rates
- On-site parking, cafes, restaurants and coffee shops
Working from home is available for this role, with a minimum of one day per month on campus in Guildford, after completion of induction and training.
We aim to attract the best possible talent from the broadest range of people and continue to improve the number of staff from groups that are under-represented across our workforce. We provide an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all and value everyone in our community. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities. We are proud to hold the Race Equality Charter, Athena Swan Charter, Disability Confident, Accessible and UK Workplace Equality Index.
Please apply by submitting a covering letter and full CV online today.
Please note we will review applications as they are received and reserve the right to withdraw the post early.
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
In return we offer a generous pension, relocation assistance where appropriate , flexible working options including job share and blended home/campus working locations (dependent on work duties), access to world-class leisure facilities on campus, a range of travel schemes and supportive family friendly benefits including an excellent on-site nursery.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.