Patient Services Assistant
Chesterfield Royal NHS Foundation Trust
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Patient Services Department which is within the facilities division.
Catering duties will be to provide a high standard of food and drink service to ward areas within Chesterfield Royal Hospital. Other duties include ensuring all kitchen areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required specified standards in line with Trust policy and ensuring patient’s meals are served efficiently to assure food quality and to meet the required specification, in line with Trust policy.
The hours of work are:-
15:00 – 19:30 x 5 days per week
The rota will be based on 10 week rota basis which will include some weekends and bank holidays.
Main duties of the job
- Undertake a full drinks service to patients throughout the day, ensuring good communication so that patients receive a full choice of drinks available.
- Refresh patient water jugs throughout the day, ensuing patients have a plentiful supply of fresh water.
- Plate patient meals, ensuring the patient’s tray is appropriately presented.
- After the meal and beverage services, collect in dirty crockery & utensils, ensuring beverage crockery is washed in the ward dishwasher and meal crockery is returned to Sodexo.
- Responsible for performing and recording a final temperature check before the last protein meal is served at ward level. Should this check not be at the required level, you will be responsible for alerting Sodexo immediately, returning the meal back to the kitchen and obtaining a further acceptable meal to serve on the ward.
- Record accurately number of meals left over after meal service.
Working for our organisation
DSFS has just over 700 staff in Facilities, Estates, Procurement, ICT, Patient Records, Switchboard, Finance and Clinical Engineering. Very much part of the ‘Chesterfield Royal family’, DSFS builds on solid NHS foundations to offer a more commercial approach that’s dynamic, flexible and proactive.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For full details of this exciting role please refer to the full Job Description and Personal Specification attached to this vacancy.
- maths and English
Qualifications and Training
- • To be able to read and understand to the required standard.
- • Basic education to include Maths and English
- • Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene certificate
- • Understanding the importance of confidentiality
- • Experience of working in a hospital environment
- • Previous experience in a similar environment
Skills and Knowledge
- • Good communication skills both written and verbal
- • Ability to carry out instructions accurately
- • Basic knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations
- • Basic IT skills
- • Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- • Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- • Able to undertake the physical aspects of the post
Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to ensuring the safety of all our staff and patients therefore encourages and supports staff to be vaccinated against COVID19 as this remains the best line of defence against the virus.
Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. The UK Visas and Immigration department requires employers to complete this test to show that no suitably qualified EEA or EU worker can fill the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
From 6 April 2017, Tier 2 skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, must present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) will also be subject to this requirement.
Guidance can be found here Criminal Records Checks For Overseas Applicants
Communications throughout the application process will be via e-mail therefore please check your e-mail account and NHS Jobs account regularly. References are also requested by email (where possible). Therefore to speed up the recruitment process please provide an email address for all referees when completing your application form.
If you require any support in completing the application form, please do not hesitate to contact the HR Support Services team on 01246 513177 and we will be happy to provide assistance.
Please see the attached documents and links in relation to working for Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. In particular, the general conditions of employment and benefits of working for the trust.
This role is part of the integrated health and social care community across Derbyshire, where there are many opportunities to work across different locations and providers developing new and different skills. Whilst this role is initially based in Chesterfield there may be future opportunities to be based at different locations within the health and social care community which we may talk to you about in the future.