Stratford, Greater London
Since 1949, TVCC has been working with children and youth to help them reach their full potential. Today, a wide range of services and supports are provided for young people with physical disabilities, communication disorders, developmental delays and autism spectrum disorders to support them in attaining the best available quality of life and health. In partnership with local and regional agencies, TVCC annually serves more than 9,000 children, youth and their families from birth to age 19 across Southwestern Ontario in over 700 locations.
Position: Occupational Therapist
Region: London and Middlesex, Huron and Perth
Description: We are currently recruiting to fill the following contract Occupational Therapist positions in School Therapy Services:
- A full-time (37.5 hours per week) position that is expected to start in March 2023 and end in April 2024. The designated office for this position is London and services are provided in Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford counties.
- A full-time (37.5 hours per week) position that is expected to start in March 2023 and end in April 2024. The designated office for this position is Stratford and services are provided in Huron and Perth counties.
- A part-time (15 hours per week) position that is expected to start in March 2023 and end in March 2024. The designated office for this position is Stratford and services are provided in Huron and Perth counties.
These positions are based on the school year and no work is available during school breaks, including July and August.
This exciting role provides therapy services to students in schools and involves working with educators, parents and fellow clinicians to support school participation.
- Provide school-based intervention that is consultative to an entire classroom/school or individualized for one client and provided in a direct/mediated/consultative approach
- Advise and provide education to school personnel, clients/families and others regarding accessibility, transfers, classroom fine motor skills, sensory skills and self-care activities; including making recommendations for assistance and equipment;
- Prepare and support children and families in the transition to school and throughout school life;
- Plan services as part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes the family, other care providers, school board personnel, volunteers, staff from other agencies, and other TVCC staff;
- Occasional work contracted from the Home and Community Care Support Services (formerly the Southwest LHIN) for in home and private school services. The intervention at the client’s home may on rare occasions be in the evenings or on weekends; scheduled by the therapist in consultation with the family;
- Participate in ongoing program development.
- Supervision of students and support personnel may be required.
- Registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario;
- Experience in pediatrics is preferred;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team setting;
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite 2010 and videoconferencing software (ex. Zoom)
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a vehicle are required;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Ability to provide services in French would be an asset.
French Proficiency: French an asset
Salary: To be negotiated
Terms of Employment: Temporary, full-time
Deadline for Application: Sunday, April 02, 2023
How to Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume (as an attachment in .pdf or Word format) to Human Resources at [email protected] In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are interested in. To learn more about TVCC, please visit our website at www.tvcc.on.ca.
While all applications are appreciated only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
TVCC is committed to making our recruitment and selection process accessible to all candidates. Accommodations for disabilities are available upon request.
Please note that TVCC has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. Any offer of employment will be conditional on providing proof of vaccination in accordance with our policy.
Location: London, Stratford
Profession Type: Occupational Therapists