Nurse Disability Assessor
Nurse Disability Assessor
* Salary: £35,000-39,000 (UK-Wide) £42,000-44,000 (London-Rising)
* Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Part-Time Available
* Office, Homeworking and Hybrid options
Are you a Nurse (RGN, RMN or RNLD) that is looking for a better work-life balance? We offer true flexible working – allowing you to choose your workdays Monday-Sunday and hours between 8am-8pm. This role is a fantastic opportunity to hone your assessment skills and develop your clinical knowledge, whilst making a difference to people's lives. You will work with a diverse range of people handling challenging situations.
As a disability Assessor, you will draw on your experience as a clinical expert to assess and examine individuals with disabilities and illnesses who have applied for Personal Independence Payment (PIP). You'll listen sensitively to their experiences, ask questions and use your insights to report on how their disability or health condition is affecting their daily life. Your factual report will help the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) determine their eligibility for benefits.
You will be supported in managing your caseloads efficiently, with the time to give consultations the care and attention they deserve. You will not be expected to work long days, do night shifts or take work home with you! We are currently undertaking telephone assessments with claimants.
Once you apply, you will be contacted by one of our team of specialist recruiters who will guide and advise you through the virtual recruitment process.
* 25 days of annual leave + BH – option to buy additional days or sell back.
* Private medical insurance, life assurance, pension scheme and healthcare cash.
* Medical indemnity cover and protected CPD.
* Supportive working environment with ongoing CPD support.
* HCPC/NMC fee reimbursement and revalidation support.
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle, such as travel insurance, dental insurance and childcare vouchers.
* Office & hybrid options available.
Training & Development:
To ensure you are fully prepared for your new role, you will embark on a comprehensive induction and training programme, earning over 100 hours of CPD within your first 3 months! Ongoing professional development will be given throughout your career to keep your knowledge current and you will have plenty of exposure to develop your skills and clinical knowledge.
* Currently and fully NMC registered with a valid licence to practise in the UK.
* Eligibility to live and work in the UK (no sponsorship opportunities are available).
* Up-to-date evidenced CPD portfolio and appraisal.
* Government legislation requires at least 1-year post-qualification work experience.
* Previous experience as an assessor is not required as you will be fully trained to do the role.
* A UK driving licence is NOT required for these roles.
Why SJB Medical:
We are the longest-standing recruitment agency for DWP assessor contractors and pride ourselves on the support we give our healthcare candidates throughout the whole recruitment process. We believe that a diverse workforce adds to the success of our clients and as such, are committed to maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity throughout our recruitment process.
Job applicants will receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or marital status. Our job advertisements will clearly and accurately state the requirements of the role to enable applicants to assess their suitability. To give everyone a fair experience, we will review and consider reasonable adjustments and accommodations during the recruitment process.