New Organizing Data Specialist
New Organizing Data Specialist
Based in Seattle, WA
About SEIU 775
SEIU 775’s mission is to unite the strength of all working people and our families, to improve our lives, and to lead the way to a more just and humane world. We represent more than 45,000 long-term care workers providing quality in-home care, nursing home care, and residential care services in Washington State and Montana.
About This Role
The Data Specialist for New Organizing works with internal and external partners to manage data for new organizing campaigns. This position imports lists, enters data, creates, and maintains campaigns, and provides reports and analysis as needed. This position primarily works in EveryAction (VAN).
Location: Hybrid of remote work and work based out of SEIU 775 HQ (Seattle)
- Create email campaigns, phone banks, turf packets, and other means of contacting workers in EveryAction.
- Enter or import data and ensure accuracy of data.
- Manage all users and user profiles across EveryAction committees.
- Create and track survey questions and activist codes across committees for all programs.
- Maintain infrastructure and trouble shoot existing problems in structure of existing database system used across multiple campaigns.
- Create documentation that provides an overview of the processes that are established as well as the context around how infrastructure was created and why.
- Train SEIU 775 organizers on EveryAction and provide ongoing support and troubleshooting.
- Support staff and volunteers in creating, managing, and tracking events, setting up follow-up mechanisms for volunteer and supporter recruitment, and data collection and data entry.
- Act as the main point of contact for EveryAction.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
- Prioritizes making data and data work accessible to people no matter their level of technical skill or expertise
- Has demonstrated success in providing technical skill training to adults
- Familiarity with building and implementing data systems and an interest in growing your skillset around data systems strategy is a plus
- Understands best practices when it comes to data entry, privacy, and management
- Writing and Communication for a wide range of tech-literacy levels among stakeholders
- Problem Solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be highly collaborative and self-directed.
- Have a commitment to our membership and furthering social justice.
- Ability to learn from feedback and produce in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years managing data systems in organizations focused on organizing, movement building, advocacy, political campaigns, or voter registration
- Experience in using EveryAction/VAN as both a user and administrator
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- Familiarity in collaboration with non-tech-minded parties
- Ability to demonstrate experience with leading a project from start to finish, preferred
- Ability to work well and creatively under tight deadlines, in a team environment, preferred
- Personal commitment to the mission and goals of SEIU 775 is a requirement of this position (see www.seiu775.org)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is Full-Time, Non-Exempt. Salary and benefits set by collectively bargained contract; pay ranges from $28.97 – 35.61 per hour. Benefits include vacation, holiday and sick leave benefits, fully paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance, defined benefit pension plan, and optional 401(k), WFH credit during pandemic, and more.
Please fill out an application for the “New Organizing Data Specialist ” directly by clicking APPLY. In your application, make sure to include a Cover Letter.
Women, BIPOC, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
SEIU 775 is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, creed, gender, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, the presence of sensory, mental, or physical disability, or any other discrimination prohibited by law. SEIU 775 works to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforces policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, creed, gender, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, the presence of sensory, mental, or physical disability, or any other discrimination prohibited by law. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WHEN APPLYING: Be sure to indicate that you saw this information at .
NOC – Microsoft Remote Support Manager – Chantilly, Loudoun County, VA
Office Assistant [Entry-Level] – Remote Position – Atlanta, GA
Operations Support Team Manager – Long-term contract – REMOTE – Montvale, NJ
Outside Income Tax Audit Representative – Remote – Albany, NY
P&C Product Management Analyst Consultant – Commercial Lines (Remote) – San Antonio, TX