Management Accountant 12 month FTC
James Fisher and Sons plc.
12 Month Fixed Term contract
James Fisher Offshore is your trusted partner across the oil and gas life of field from drilling to abandonment.
Our dedicated engineering and offshore teams understand the demands and challenges faced by our customers. We work with you to deliver against your specific requirements and provide complete support across the full life cycle of your offshore projects, enabling the work to be completed safely and efficiently.
To manage the core finance function for specific legal entities within the JF Decom and report accurate monthly financial results.
- Key Responsibilities:
Support with preparation of monthly management accounts in line with the monthly reporting timetable.
- Provide explanation of variances in actuals in comparison to budget and current applicable forecast.
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet with detailed schedules.
- Maintenance and management of the fixed asset registers for all acquisitions, disposals, transfers and construction in progress.
- Management of the inventory; ensuring stock counts completed and reconciled, reconcile inventory movements.
- Assistance with Sales and Purchase ledger.
- Preparation of GST and VAT returns.
- Legal entity payroll preparation and review.
- Supporting quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting process.
- Assistance with external and internal audit requirements.
- Supporting annual tax and statutory reporting requirements for the specific legal entities assigned to the role.
- Cash management including approval of purchase ledger, other ad-hoc payments and weekly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Any other duties and ad-hoc tasks required to support the finance function and delivery of financial information to stakeholders.
Ensure that all accounting entries have supporting documentation; journals, bank reconciliations, payroll; fixed asset register, inventory counts.
Participate in the annual/cycle count inventory process with operations.
Regular engagement and support to business partners; operations, procurement, personnel, group finance, finance team.
Adhere company core values in all business and finance practices.
Any other duties and ad-hoc tasks required to support the finance function and delivery of financial information to business partners.
General Duties & Tasks:
To ensure principal consideration is given to personal health and safety and to ensure appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is used in accordance with Company health and safety policies.
Will be required to perform other duties as identified by line management.
Qualifications & Experience:
The successful applicant will be Part or Fully Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA with excellent computer skills, experience of Microsoft office and advanced Excel skills.
Knowledge and experience in using operational systems (ERP systems) and Sage 200 and experience in using COGNOS would be beneficial.
Experience in financial data analysis and to utilise experience and techniques to independently manage own workload.
This is a hybrid role so expect to be in the office around 2 days per week therefore applicants must live within a commutable distance to Oldmeldrum, Aberdeen. Flexible working is also available where it fits within the core hours of the business.
The successful applicant must be fully proficient with accounting and procedures, ideally from a project accountancy background and be comfortable with annual/cycle count inventory process with operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an industry leader.
James Fisher & Sons are committed to taking positive action on diversity and we strongly encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and as a Disability Confident employer we are committed to offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.