London , UK Design coordinator at BAH Projects
at BAH Projects
BAH Projects is seeking a design coordinator to join its team in London.
BAH deliver strategic market, concept, design, cost management and construction consultancy solutions for global operators. We offer exceptional design and crafted builds, with a dynamic approach.
Our success is supported by valued partnerships with internationally recognised hospitality brands and prime real estate investors.
Our management team offer a wealth of experience in strategic development and pride ourselves in forming a team with clients – generating exciting, innovative design solutions, identifying shared objectives and managing the process to deliver a product efficiently and within budget.
You will be responsible for leading our in-house design team. Your role will be key to managing and coordinating the design from concept to delivery of multiple projects.
You will be expected to lead internal and external design resources to ensure that design information is produced in a proper and timely manner; risks are identified, managed and appropriately apportioned; all designs by subcontractors and subconsultants are completed in a timely and co-ordinated manner, whilst also managing relationships with the Client and the appointed professional team.
Developing new design ideas and looking at challenges from fresh viewpoints. You should be able to design to the client’s budget and deliver to tight deadlines to the highest design and technical standards. You and the team will attend client meetings to present your designs and participate in discussions to meet the client’s needs inside their budget.
You will present the QS team with specs and meet delivery deadlines to finish the projects on time.
The role consists of managerial level responsibility, including:
- experience working in high end commercial projects is essential
- the ability to work well in a fast-paced working environment and to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- excellent presentation and communication during client meetings
- excellent project and time management skills
- a natural leader and a people person, friendly and approachable
- have the ability to motivate, inspire and develop a strong design team ensuring all design information is correct
- develop and implement the drawing and document control systems
- possessing the capacity to drive new ideas while developing existing ones
- high-end attitude and presentation, confident, passionate, pro-active, creative and team player
- a flexible approach to the design process with a sharp focus on the end product regardless of imposed constraints
- to instruct the team, delegate tasks and vet the work of the team
- to collate data and images for publicity project sheets and other publications
- to periodically review design team development
- to assist other teams within BAH to meet deadlines as and when required
- to sketch and develop ideas into detailed drawings using industry standard software such as AutoCAD and SketchUp
- knowledge of Adobe creative Suite.
Salary depending on experience.
The role is available immediately.
20 February 2023
Tags: Coordinator | Design jobs | Designer | BAH Projects