Bell & Buxton
Based in Sheffield City Centre
Full time (7 Hours per day with 1-hour lunch) preferred but part-time applicants will be considered
We are looking for a full-time Litigation Secretary to work in a busy high street firm, from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, but will also consider applications from part-time candidates.
The role requires the successful candidate to provide support to the Litigation department, including Employment work, and also to assist around the firm generally in all departments. This is a busy and varied role. Career progression is also available within the firm.
What we are looking for:
- Prior work experience in an office is essential;
- Ability to work effectively within different teams but also to feel confident working autonomously;
- Microsoft Office including Word and Excel is essential;
- Good English, grammar and spelling and numerical skills;
- Excellent communication skills – experience in dealing with clients face to face and via telephone is essential as some work to cover reception and other public facing work will be required;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload within the required timescales;
- An understanding of the need for confidentiality and discretion, which are essential for working in a solicitor’s firm;
- Experience of Partner for Windows is desirable;
- Working knowledge in the field of Litigation is desirable.
Listed below is a non-exhaustive list of the typical duties a Litigation Secretary would be expected to cover:
- Dictation typing
- opening and closing files
- updating records on our database
- Copying and scanning
- Monthly billing
- Making appointments
- Creating bundles
- Liaising with Court and Clients
To apply for this role directly, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] and you must put Litigation Secretary Application in the subject heading.